Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Long Service Leave Accrual

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

328Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have long service accrual recorded similar to annual leave. This not only useful for employee but essential for employers. It is available on AccountRight why not make it available here. I feel like I'm going backwards in giving my employees information they need. Please make this a priority on Essentials. Can't be too hard. Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and sharing your feedback for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to set up their own leave pay items. This does mean that you can set up a Long Service Leave pay item.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Creating pay items.

116 Comments
Mark_Toll
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Come on MYOB, this post has been around since 2014 and you haven't added this basic Payroll option.

Feature needs to be escalated given the push with STP.

Henri
5 Posts
User

MYOB Essentials must be updated to include management of long service leave entitlements.

Managing accrued entitlements for employees in a reliable and robust system is an essential part of payroll. An accounting system which does not manage all leave entitlements is grossly inadequate. 

The only alternative solution offered is to record long service leave entitlements data in an Excel spreadsheet. I feel this is a cumbersome and inaccurate method and falls very short of best business practice. 

I think the advertising for MYOB Essentials has been misleading and disingenuous. My business converted to MYOB Essentials as it was advertised as offering full payroll functions, however, this is not the case. I have complained directly to MYOB regarding this issue, both verbally and in writing. This has been met with indifference. I have since lodged a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading Queensland; this is pending.

Management, and potential mis-management, of leave entitlements has significant implications for employees earnings and, in turn, revenue for the ATO; thus, I have sent a letter to the ATO to inform them of this issue as they are a relevant stakeholder.

The function for managing long service leave entitlements already exists in MYOB AccountRight. It should be a fairly simple task to make this available in MYOB Essentials too. I would appreciate it if this could be resolved as soon as possible.

StephaniePM
4 Posts
Cover User

So we are nearing the end of 2019 and still no abilityto track LSL in MYOB Essentials. I cannot understand wny this isnt a standard feature?

Can you please advise if and when this will become available.

NealeB
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

an absolute must - if software to be fully useful

SueT2201
2 Posts
Cover User

Come on MYOB for goodness sake, this is a basic function that would be an easy update for you, users have been requesting this for 5 years now.

KerryDonaghy
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

This was raised 5 YEARS AGO and still MYOB has done nothing about it.

DamFam
1 Post
User

MYOB you need to add the LSL function to your payroll.   This is a necessary function for employers.  I have been using MYOB for 10 years now and dont want to have to change to another company but will if i cant track LSL through my currently subscription.

preeti1
1 Post
User

I appreciate if you add Long Srvice accruval fuction to MYOB Essentials. It is useful for the employers as well as for the employee.

bcroft
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Even if MYOB can't introduce Long Service tracking specifically, please allow us to be able to total the number of hours an employee works over any time frame.

ClaraL
1 Post
User

Totally agreed that MYOB Essential should have the Long Service Leave accrual record similar to Annual Leave as it is already available in AccountsRight.  This would be useful information for both the employer and employees.  Please make it a priortiy.  Look forward to the upgrade.  Cheers!