Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Annual leave accruals

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

I have a few suggestions for the payroll section of MYOB Live some of which I think are being addressed in the March upgrade.

No provision for public holidays, leave loading and annual leave accruals.

No provision for staff reimbursement through payroll.

Apart from these issues it's great!

Thanks

"Payroll"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2012

AU & NZ Accruals for leave have been deployed. Leave loading is still on our radar. Thanks Richard Puffe MYOB Product Manager

7 Comments
Greenco
2 Posts
User

Hopefully it cannot be too difficult to add penalty loadings to payroll. We only employ casual staff, who often work from a weekday through to Saturdays (x 1.5), Sundays (x 2) and public holidays (x 2.5), as well as 6pm to 6am (+15%). While LiveAccounts is ideal for our business in almost every aspect, its inability to handle penalty rates is frustrating that requires a workaround in Excel and endless explanations to bemused employees. Other than that, MYOB should be applauded for an outstanding solution to small business accounting.

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are aiming to implement annual leave accruals along with varying penalty rates before July this year. 

I will find out what is happening with reimbursements.

Regards

Horsell
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steve,

Is there any news on employee expense reimbursements in LiveAccounts?

I am new to the software and cannot find anything on it.

Cheers,

Drew

4Gardens
Experienced User
113 Posts
Experienced User

Having the ability to record times worked in a simple calender would be great

I have only 2 employees so keeping paper time sheets is a hassle

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User
AU & NZ Accruals for leave have been deployed. Leave loading is still on our radar. Thanks Richard Puffe MYOB Product Manager
HamishEM
3 Posts
User

I would like to see the ability to add a multiplier or % rate for penalty rates, rather than to manually calculate the rate per hour.  Also as it only allows for two decimal points, there is a need to round the rate, which means that the correct wage will not be paid in circumstances.  I would like to see this expanded to 4 or 5 decimal places.  I know it is minor but it is important that the correct payments are made.

cjarmain
3 Posts
User

How can i calculate leave loading until the function is added to Live Accounts?