Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Excluding allowances for total earnings (for holiday pay)

Valued Partner

324Posts

3Kudos

14Solutions

324 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand

Live Accounts reports all allowances as Gross Earnings.  This is incorrect and there is no reporting to show what allowances have been paid.  Allowances need to be classified so the reimbursing allowances can be shown separately to Gross Earnings.   Would also like a report on each allowance paid. 

"Live Accounts Reimbursing allowances need to be removed from Gross Earnings"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials (New Zealand) now has the option Exclude from AWE and OWP calculations for allowance pay items. By enabling this it will exclude that pay items values from being included as part of the Average Weekly Earnings and Ordinary Weekly Pay calculations, it will also not include those values for holiday pay.

7 Comments
Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

Have noticed that non taxable allowances in Live Accounts show on payslips correctly but report as gross earnings on reports.  This is incorrect.  I think I see why it happens, I think it is something to do with the way that each employee can have a separate allowance or deduction set up which don't appear to be company wide and able to be used for anyone else.   Need a report that shows non taxable allowances separately from gross earnings and, if possible, by allowance.  

Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

I posted this two years ago and I've just finished an audit for a client and it is still happening.  Ran some final pays and the holiday pay is being added to post tax allowances e.g. vehicle use.  

I can now see the allowance under the Payroll Details Report so that is something.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Colleen

Thank you for your feedback and follow up in regards to this idea.

Currently the MYOB Essentials will include allowances in the Gross value on the Payroll Summary Report.  As you have mentioned the Payroll Detail report will split the Allowance amount separately to report on. 

I would encourage other users that would like to see the Gross value be split for the Payroll Summary report between wages and allowances to continue to share their feedback and vote for this idea.

Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

Getting a vote and changing something that is just wrong, are two different things.  Many users won't understand the calculation of holiday pay and a lot would have no idea what affect this is having on the holiday pay rate being paid out.   Large payments that should not be accruing holiday pay will have a signficant negative affect on the business if they are included in the holiday pay calculation.  Sorry but not happy to just sit back and wait for votes on this one.  Don't let that stop others from voting but I don't think a vote is the correct process.  

Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

Sorry, so it is clear, MYOB Essentials was previously known as Live Accounts.  I've just noticed that I said 'Live Accounts' in my orginal post.  

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @Colleen. While the number of votes is one way for us to understand customer demand, it is certainly not the only basis for decisions made by our team of developers. I have passed on your feedback to the team and we hope to see a change in a future update. Thank you again for the post and your feedback. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials (New Zealand) now has the option Exclude from AWE and OWP calculations for allowance pay items. By enabling this it will exclude that pay items values from being included as part of the Average Weekly Earnings and Ordinary Weekly Pay calculations, it will also not include those values for holiday pay.