Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Timesheet function

Experienced Cover User

65Posts

32Kudos

1Solutions

65 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

What wud it take to put a simple

timesheet system in Myob Essentials?

"Payroll and timesheets in Myob Essentials"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. Timesheets are now available through the mobile web application MYOB YourPay. More details and instructions can be found on this Online Help article:

Employee timesheets and payslips with YourPay

Kind regards,

Clover

11 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. I can certainly see how a simple timesheet system could speed up data entry for many users. Could anyone else who would like to see a timesheet system added to MYOB Essentials, please cast your votes here. Please also leave a comment letting us know how what you like to see in the timesheets feature, and how you'd use it.

SallyH
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Yep - totally.  Its about the only thing we're missing to have a complete product.  Invoicing line items straight from data entered into the timesheet would be great.  Would save hours of duplicate entry in separate systems.

NathanHead
1 Post
User

Yes, definatley. Especially where employees could access and fill out their own, and not recorded unitl approved.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your feedback @SallyH and @NathanHead, I have shared it with the team, hopefully to see this feature enabled in the future. 

login
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Great idea; as a Mac user, I need to keep updating a spreadsheet with the next weeks dates, then enter the hours, add them up, have the employee sign them (or just provide them with a copy which is what I actually do) and then afetr the payrun, email the payslip and then take the spreadsheet and send a PDF version to the emplyee... there must be a better way!

Gabi001
1 Post
User

This would help alot to have a timesheet system on MYOB essentials.  I am used to using the MYOB Accounting plus and am having alot of problems changing over completely to the new system because of the gaps.  We run a farm and pay our staff for what they pick, which varies depending on the season and we also have them doing farm work.  It would be so good if there was payroll categories like the one I'm used to using.  Do you know if this is being looked at?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gabi001

Thank you for you for your feedback and voting for this particular idea.

At this stage the idea has been marked as Under Consideration. We don't have an estimated time frame for when this idea will be included in the program. However we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

schuey72
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'd like to see a timesheet feature. Also include allowances such as travel, telephone etc.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @schuey72

Thanks for your feedback in regards to this idea

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

CindyLouise
2 Posts
Cover User

Upgrade MYOB Essentials to be as good as Quick Books and Zero by adding the following features:

Time sheets for staff in payroll

Support being fully paperless by being able to upload a receipt in spend money when banking.