Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Employees: Notes - increase character limit

Contributing Cover User

17Posts

91Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New
New

Hi we have just had the 1st of 4 files migrated to the new version of Essentials.  We have been eagerly awaiting all the new featuresthat would make life easier but we are disappointed to see some of the good points about the old version have gone.

The notes section of the employee file has a reduced character limit so much so that the notes on one employee file that were imported from the old version have had to be cut & pasted to a word document as they were too large for the field & tech support are unable to tell me how charaters can go in the field

The payslip (& whole payroll process) was much simpler in the old version.  We would like to be able to edit the payslip template or if you could just make it look like the old version including logo that would be fantastic

We would like to be able to add our logo to the remittance advice as well

If we can edit the invoice template why cant we edit the payslip & remittance templates?

It is great that we can now have TOIL & LSL accruals & recurring journals but I wish you could have kept the good features from the old version that have been removed. 

We would love the simplicity of the old version with the added features of the new

"Payroll & templates in New Essentials"

6 Comments
Rayleen
Partner
40 Posts
Partner

Yes, new the Pay Slip template is shoddy to say the least, we must be able to customise this as soon as possible as it is embarrassing sending this onto our clients employees especially as the old template was simple, clear and consice.

TLL
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, the new payslips are awful - so difficult to read and they look very basic. The old ones were fine! I don't know why they have changed so many things for the worse..

Shanil
2 Posts
User

Can you please tell me if you are in New Zealand and using MYOB Essentials with Payroll. If so have you been upgraded as support cant seem to tell me when NZ will be upgraded to the new essentials with payroll and only without payroll has been upgraded and i have a client that needs upgrading urgently to use an API.

IPWA
13 Posts
User

Thanks so much for this post - I was just about the post the same about the payroll / employee notes character limit. It's not very helpful for user functionality.

I was able to get a confirmation on the limit on the notes field - it's the new / upgraded essentials there is a 255 character limit on what can be written into the Employee notes field.
Many people maybe won't notice this until they go to edit an employee and save and then receive an error message that they've exceeded the field (in the upgrade the notes moved over). 

255 character limit is no enough for a notes section for an employee - and a separate word document though a wonderful interim solution is not a long term one. 

IPWA
13 Posts
User

Agree about the logo and customisation for the other documents as well. 

IPWA
13 Posts
User

Please address the character limit on the employee notes field. It is very very hard to work with the reduced character limits.