Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

Could we please have the supplier's invoice number on the view expenses list or at least in one of the reports please?

Thanks,

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Julie,

Great suggestion. You can save this information on the actual expense but I can see having it visible on the listing screen or reports would be beneficial, so I will add this request to our roadmap.

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Bec, thank you for your feedback. Could you please clarify the information that you would like to see? Purchase are separate from your Sales so your Invoices will not have a specific Purchase to show in your Invoice column.
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Matthew

I know that purchases are separate from Sales - but on the invoices we have have a spot to put the company we are billings Purchase Order number, for their reference (to match our invoice against). It would be great if this purchase order number could be added as a column when you look at the invoices list ie outstanding etc

Thanks

Bec

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for clarifying the details that you would like to be able to add to your "Enter Sales" screen and have flow through to your printed/emailed Invoices. Any other users that would like this feature included in a future update please do make sure to vote and comment.
interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree with Becn,

Some of my clients need to reference their cutomer's Purchase order number on the invoices.  It's important to be able to track which purchase orders have been finished, and which ones still need to be completed, and therefore we need to be able to be able to quickly search for it without opening every single invoice for that customer.

There will be occasions where Purchase Orders go missing, and without the ability to quickly search for it in MYOB, it can take a bit of time finding it if you need to inspect every single invoice..

andrewbourner
7 Posts
Cover User

+1. Definitey useful when looking at a large list of invoices being able to identify which one relates to a particular job.

ppsmith
9 Posts
User

I, too, agree with Bec.

I had been using for some years AccountEdge but as I wanted an online system I changed over to Xero.  I must admit they had some great features but also some things I didn't like so I have recently come back to MYOB.  It would be extremely useful to have this feature as I work for several legal firms and use the "purchaser order" to put the details and their file number and client.  To have this appear on the list of invoices on the Invoice screen page would be extremely beneficial.  This is one feature of Xero that I do miss.

Cheers

TCS
2 Posts
User

I was using the MYOB desktop version where I could view the Customer Purchase order numbers from the Sales Register view (see on my attached doc). I would love to be able to view it like this with the PO numbers in MYOB essentials! PLEASE!!

Screen Shot 2014-08-31 at 11.13.21 PM.png