Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Create bill: Warning for duplicate Supplier Invoices Numbers

Cover User

4Posts

56Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

hi!  when using MYOB account right it pops up with a message if you seem to be entering a creditor invoice number in for a second time but with MYOB essentials is doesnt.  Can we get this option in essentials PLEASE!!

*Modified idea's name

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Thank you very much for your suggestion @heidiwagga

Currently Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers when recording Purchases. I would encourage anyone else who wish to see this option added in Essentials to cast your vote, and leave comments below if required.

36 Comments
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your suggestion @heidiwagga

Currently Essentials doesn't have the ability to warn for duplicate supplier invoice numbers when recording Purchases. I would encourage anyone else who wish to see this option added in Essentials to cast your vote, and leave comments below if required.

Nevillethetech
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would support that ability to prevent duplicate invoices per supplier.

jeep15cba
12 Posts
Cover User

In MYOB Premier when you enter a duplicate invoice number into a Purchase it notifies you of the double entry.

Why is this not a standard thing in Live Essentials?

Nevillethetech
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree. A check on duplicate supplier invoices when entering would save doubling up and hence time.

LeanneM
Experienced Partner
62 Posts
Experienced Partner

It would be great if Essentials had the ability to warn for duplicate supplier and customer invoice numbers.

CalibreAir
4 Posts
Cover User

This would be a brilliant function and is a necessary control feature around invoices being duplicated when entering supplier invoice numbers.

I support this feature being introduced

jonahpup
3 Posts
Cover User

YES!!!!  It is really annoying when you enter duplicate invoice numbers, and it's not until you go through your statement you notice them... 

Gejr
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I consider this an important part of MYOB not sure why this option is on bill number, which we are using to allocate to jobs, finding it very annoying

The-G-S
3 Posts
Cover User

YES PLEASE!! We have been using a speadsheet to avoid double payments - it's frustrating to have to do extra work for a function that should be key to such a program.

Nataliecarole
5 Posts
User

Yes, it is important (especially when you have many many bills) that MYOB should warn you when a creditor's invoice number is duplicated.