Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Quotes: Convert single lines, rather than whole quote

Cover User

6Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Could we try get a feature implemented where as a single invoice quote can be created, but then partial invoices can be produced from the single quotes line items.

For example, I run a consultancy, and will sometimes have 3-4 items on the quote, but generally only work on one item and invoice that separately. Currently i need to create invoices and delete the lines I don't want to invoice, i think there should be an easier way to do this!

Regards,

"Create partial invoices based on single quote"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your post. We can see the benefit in being able to convert only part of a Quote to Invoice and leave the rest of the Quote for conversion at a later date. Our AccountRight range has the ability to partly convert Orders to Invoice. This may be something that is looked into being included into LiveAccounts at a later date.

5 Comments
Community Manager Suja_P
5,890 Posts
Community Manager
Thank you for your post. We can see the benefit in being able to convert only part of a Quote to Invoice and leave the rest of the Quote for conversion at a later date. Our AccountRight range has the ability to partly convert Orders to Invoice. This may be something that is looked into being included into LiveAccounts at a later date.
rm-imec
6 Posts
Cover User

How is this done in AccountRight?

Community Manager Suja_P
5,890 Posts
Community Manager

Hi rm-imec,

Within AccountRight Live you can change the Quote to Order and convert a part of the Order to an Invoice and leave the remaining items as an Order.

For example, if you have an Order with 4 items, and would only like to Invoice for one of the Items and leave an Order in the system for the remaining:

- You will need to go to the Sales Command centre >> Sales Register >> Orders Tab (once the Quote has been converted to an Order) >> Select the Order >> Choose the Change to Invoice button at the bottom.

- Once in the Invoice window. You will need to use the 'Ship' column to show the Items being invoiced and use the Backorder column for all the other Items.

- This will result in the system creating an Invoice for the Invoiced items as well as leave an Order for the ones on Backorder.

Please note, that if the Backorder option is used, your printed Invoice will include the details of the Backordered Items on the Invoice (as backorders). The only way to avoid this is to delete the details of the remaining items from the Invoice. In which case you will not have an Order to go back to for later.

Please let me know if you need further clarification on the matter and also please confirm if you are currently using AccountRight Live or LiveAccounts.

rm-imec
6 Posts
Cover User

I have AccountRight Live Basics

Do I assume this is not in this version?

MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi rm-imec, thank you for the update.

This suggestion is for MYOB Live Accounts, so will not change the details of your program. For use with AccountRight Basics you can follow the advice that Suja has given above, please be aware that this is only applicable to Item Layout Invoices. If you would like to see this option added for Service Layout invoices in your program, please do just suggest it on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange.

Kind Regards,
Matthew - MYOB