Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Quotes: Show total, not total due

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

I've just been playing around with the new quote function and so far it looks pretty good - one issue though is that as you are entering the quote it has the amount of the quote as 'Total' as it should be. However once it's printed on screen the amount of the quote changes to 'Amount Due' (it also has an Amount Paid field).It is the same if you email it?

I don't think this is the correct terminology given that it is only a quote - we aren't requesting any money at this stage.

Thanks

Bec

"New quote function"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for your feedback. This functionality has now been added to LiveAccounts. We really appreciate all your votes and comments to help improve the product.

7 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. We would love to hear what other users think. Please keep the votes and comments coming.
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Barry

Thanks for you post.

I wouldn't have thought it would be an 'idea' to have the emailed/printed quote say total instead of amount due? it seems to me that this is a bit of a glitch because on screen the quote says total???

Once the quote is previewed or emailed it is requesting money to be paid?

Thanks

Bec

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Bec, 

Your Live Accounts system certainly doesn't expect that amounts need to be paid on quotes and is setup to receive Customer Payments once they are converted to an Invoice. I can confirm that it does display saying "Amount Due" for the total field when emailed. This is something we would be happy to consider updating based on community feedback.

Kind Regards,
Matthew - MYOB

Renovations
2 Posts
User

Hi Matt,

Here's some community feedback for the issue that Bec raised a month ago.  

Having the "Amount Due" printed at the bottom of a Quote is inappropriate, unprofessional and misleading.  It simply has reason to be there.

Given one produces a quote in an attempt to win an order its probably not in one's best interests to be informing the client that an "Amount is Due".

Hope you can have it deleted soon, we won't be issuing Accounts Live Quotes to clients until its fixed.

Regards,
Dan.

StephenL
MYOB Staff
584 Posts
MYOB Staff

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for your feedback. This functionality has now been added to LiveAccounts. We really appreciate all your votes and comments to help improve the product.
JillS
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User

Hi

A month after raising this (I am not the only to do so) I am re-posting this as an idea - IMO it is URGENT to remove the "amount due" reference in quotes. 

This was removed after feedback and discussion last year and somehow has re-appeared since the upgrade.

Why was it put back in?

Trying to be patient here

Jill