Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: GST report for activity statement - Quarter/annual selection rather than date

Cover User

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User

My idea is to improve the usability of the 'GST Report for Activity Statement'.

As all GST reports are either quarterly or annual it would be easier to have a selection such as 'last 3 months' or 'last 12 months' to automatically choose a relevant date range. Similar to the way Google Analytics allows users to select a pre-determiend range (see screen shot).

"GST Report improvement"

MYOB GST Report screen.jpg
Google Analytics date range dropdown.jpg
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2021

Hi Everyone

The GST Return report allows the user to use pre-defined periods such as This financial quarter, Last financial quarter...

Note: This reporting change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

4 Comments
JeffreyTodd
Ultimate Partner
594 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @TimN

I understand what you are getting at, however not all GST reports need to be printed either quarterly or annually, there are some businesses who report monthly on GST and lodge their BAS the same frequency.

Regards

TimN
10 Posts
Cover User

Thanks @JeffreyTodd for your prompt reply.    

Ah yes I missed the monthly frequency. 

However my suggestion is still valid - i.e. to provide MYOB users a quicker method to select standard date parameters for GST/BAS reporting.

Thanks. Tim   

KENE
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

I would like to see all reports have the same date range selection as is available with Profit & Loss.

That is Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year etc.

This has been raised a few times in other posts. IF not available to ALL reports then most importantly apply to

GST Rport for Activity Statements and

GST Detailed Reports

Thanks

KENE

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The GST Return report allows the user to use pre-defined periods such as This financial quarter, Last financial quarter...

Note: This reporting change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.