Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Receive money: Use of Tab through table

Cover User

3Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Can it be made possible to tab across the table in receive money in myob essentials, you can do it in spend money and purchases etc but for some reason not in receive money

"Tab across the table in receive money"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Users can use the tab key to tab through the various columns and fields on the Create receive money transaction window within MYOB Essentials.

15 Comments
PigsNose
1 Post
User

The entering of Cash Receipts works in a very cumbersome fashion and takes 3 times longer than is necessary.

1/. Not able to tab accross.

2/. Entry of date twice.

3/. Cheque number is not necessary.

4/. Drop down box for recepient account will not always work and needs to be entered 2 maybe 3 times B4 it is accepted.

5/. Slaes anaylis box also does not acknowledge always and can be attempted 2 or 3 times.

6/. To open the value box takes 2 or 3 clicks B4 it will open.

All in all it needs to have a revamp the same as was given to the outward cash last year.

I have very little hair left and am not happy to keep pulling it out so please fix.

Regards

mariad
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I second this. The inability to tab between fields is very frustrating.  Even more so when it works in some screens but not in others.

Rachel_Ivic
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

This seems such a simple fix!  Not being able to tab when entering receive money is extremly frustrating as it multiplys the data entry time.  Also I find that often when selecting a gl code it doesn't stay put and have to reselect it again.  I know the data entry for a receive money can also be done via the bank rec window but using receive money is better when there is a lot to enter.

Protectabag
1 Post
User

Hello,

Can you please allow the function to be able to tab through a Receive Money Transaction.  It's incredibly annoying when entering a lot of data and i can not understand why it would be set up not to do this from the beginning.  I understand if you have bank feeds set up that it's not as big of an issue, we don't have bank feeds set up nor do we plan to therefore its hugely frustrating on a regular basis.  It's common sense to tab through these transactions for entry.  

Thankyou 

laurenhasqs
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

yes agreed. even if you do use bank feeds there is still sometimes the need to enter a manual trans here and there. Im coming from having used account right live for many years prior to essentials and its 'engrained in my fingers'  and it doesnt bloody work. so frustrating. please fix it. 

TonyScarcia
1 Post
Cover User

You used to be able to tab through the fields in the Spend Money page (Allocate to, Description, Amount etc) and then type in data without having to click each field in order to enter said data. That no longer works. Each field must be clicked to enter data, which is so time consuming and ultra cumbersome. The same thing happens in the Journal entry page. It used to work though. Please fix.

The Bills page, however allows data entry in the Item, Descriptiion etc fields without having to click.

BiancaBiz
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Isn't it madness that there is no explanation for the tab button no longer being utilised for moving through a data entry form?  And that support's solution is to encourage us to 'vote it up' to get it resolved?!

GRRRRR!!!

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @TonyScarcia & @BiancaBiz 

I help look after the Spend Money page and I just looked into this and I was able to tab through each field in the table without any issues and wanted to check if you're also able to use tabs to get through the table in the Spend Money page.

Let me know if you're still having problems for that page!

As for the Receive Money page, I don't look after that area but I looked into it anyway and sure enough it doesn't use tab to change fields except going down to Save or Save & Add. I've passed this onto the right crew that look after that page to look into.

Cheers,
Hayden

MYOB Product Analyst

BiancaBiz
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Haydes 

Any chance of an update from the relevant team re the Receive Money page?

Thanks

Bianca

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @BiancaBiz 

I'll quickly mention that I wouldn't normally hear of any updates on this and only reached out to one of the crew specifically for this question; from what I can tell the team that are looking after this is set to be fixed in a more larger-scale revamp they're working on in order to fix the actual cause of smaller issues like this rather than fix the specific symptom.

The good news: This will be fixed. The bad news: I don't believe there is any currently set ETA for this release, I'd imagine any public messaging on this would be posted on the Essentials Blog on this Forum.

I can also see that there is another Idea for the scope of this here: Tab across the table in receive money

Just as a small note; to keep the Idea Exchange a bit more clean, and as tabbing through Spend Money seems to not be damaged, I've requested that the Moderators merge this particular Idea and the other one to add the Kudos amounts of this Idea on top of the other one so that they're not lost.

If you ARE getting problems tabbing through the Spend Money fields, I'd suggest posting on the Essentials Board: MYOB Essentials Accounting that way either the Moderators or other users might be able to work out why it's failing when you try it.

Cheers,
Hayden

MYOB Product Team