Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
Rock85
5 Posts
Cover User

Yes!! Please

Hearts
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

A remittance advice is a fairly standard procedure in business today. Currently having to create an email and formulate my own remittance advice. Would be great to hit a couple of buttons and have the job done.

trisheebee
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This seems to have been 'under consideration' since Noah built the ARK!!  Please, how hard can it be to create a remittance advice function on Essentials, it is terrible business practice not to be able to send one immediately payment is processed.

Ablecrete
7 Posts
Cover User

This has been under consideration for far too long.  MYOB can you update the community on when you expect this to be a standard feature?  I am seriously looking at moving away from MYOB becuase of factors such as this which your professionals can create quite easily.

bizzibizzigirl
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

Essentials also needs to be able to create ABA files.  Not all businesses can justify the extra expense of AR, nor do they need all the functionality, but it definitely saves time creating a single payment file in the software to take to the bank rather than creating lots of single transactions in the bank.  Many small businesses still have lots of supplier invoices to pay and this would make it more efficient and less likely to make payment errors.

And then to email the remittance to the supplier would be the next obvious update.

Quite simple really.  

soko
9 Posts
Cover User

close to 5 years you are considering this simple feature. It's disgraceful and pathetic. A reason for many to consider Xero I'm sure.

At LEAST get a response out if or if not this will come SOME time.

Agostino
1 Post
Cover User

Supplies are asking for a remittanace advice form to be emailed to them once payment is made.

This would be a very handy option to have in MYOB Essentials.

Laundryassoc
3 Posts
Cover User

Please include Remittance advice in the next release Smiley Happy

Pereira
1 Post
User

Can we please have an update on when and if the remittance function will be added, if this functionality is not possible we may have to move over to Xero

Ablecrete
7 Posts
Cover User

Last updated in 2013.  I think that we as customers deserve an answer on when this may be a feature.