Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Remittance Advice

1Posts

476Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to have the function on my myob LiveAccounts to enable me to create a Remittance Advice to send to my suppliers to advise of a payment made. 

Currently when I print an expense (that has already been entered with a payment) to a supplier it produces a 'Purchase Order' document showing the expense, and the payment made.  However it would be more suitable for the document to be a 'Remittance Advice' and also have details on the document showing the bank information of the supplier in which the payment has been made to.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

MYOB Essentials allows users to generate remittance advices for their payments.

Check out Help Article: Send remittance advices for more information.

193 Comments
Tonyg
1 Post
Cover User

I was quite staggered to learn this basic function wasnt available. Obviously an assumption on my part that it would be included. A workaround on excel or word is not creating the efficiency I expect from having MYOB.

Please include as part of an update.

Judith7
1 Post
Cover User

It is a courtesy to our suppliers to provide them with a remittance advice when we make a payment.  I CAN do this via my banking interface, but I would prefer to be agble to do so from MYOB, especially if I can customise the email or text with our logo and some of the wording.  

CasAsh
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Very basic request - very lacking MYOB not to have email/print option for payment advise or receipt of payments on MYOB Essentials!

Carolyn-Fayeabc
2 Posts
Cover User

Definitely need to be able to email a Remittance Advice !

remittance
4 Posts
Cover User

Remittance advice in Essentials would be a good idea for future release.

Cathybfcb
2 Posts
Cover User

Sending a Remittance Advice to our suppliers is actually really important!

We have 30 day accounts with most of our suppliers and they all ask for a remittance to be sure they allocate the payment to the correct invoices.

Not really sure why this is not a standard feature?

We be great to have it added AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

BCCPM
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree - I run holiday accommodation and funds come in from guests and go out to owners - purchase order really isn't helpful and doesn't look professional at all. I know Quickbooks have remmittance and they actually look great - might need to change as 75% of my business needs the remittance unfortunatley.

TBrockhrust
4 Posts
Cover User

Do you have any update on this?  It looks like it has been on the list for a long time

JLKvic1
3 Posts
Cover User

This request continues to be ignored with no details whatsoever given from anyone at MYOB as to when this will be implimented. 

Please provide some further information. 

Danielle1987
1 Post
Cover User

So apparently this has been under consideration since 2013 and nothing has been done about it???? Come on MYOB there is enough people wanting it