Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger Summary

Contributing Partner

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Can you generate a General Ledger Summary Report that has an opening balance, a closing balance and net activity (movement column) for Accountants?

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will display the General ledger report in a summary view and users can expand upon an account or accounts if required more insight.

43 Comments
GeorgeElias
10 Posts
Cover User

Definitely need this one!

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

Would also be useful for this report to be exportable to Excel so it can be imported into the AccountRight software when customers need to upgrade

misstams
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This would be fantastic!!! To be honest, I don't know why it is not included.

Furthermore, even on the General Ledger Detail report provided by LiveAccounts, it does not calculate the Net Activity. I understand that you could export it to Excel and calculate it yourself but this year is the first year that the client has used LiveAccounts and the Opening Balances have been included on the GL at 1/7/12 and thus we still have to do an adjustment for Opening Balances as well. (Please note, the opening balances were entered in the Opening Balances window and not as a journal)

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion and the great feedback it has already received. Anyone that hasn't already voted and commented and wants to see this please do remember to do so to show your support.
JacobWard
2 Posts
User

Here are some necessary features that I believe LiveAccounts is lacking and definitely need to be included:

• Being able to produce a General Ledger Summary
  • Being able to export a Trial Balance to excel
  • When entering manual journal entries, you are required to click on the drop down menu and select the account name. You should be able to type the account number and tab across.

Without these features, I found using LiveAccounts to prepare financial statements very time consuming.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback Jacob, we'd be happy to consider these as features options to add into a future update for LiveAccounts. We would be keen to hear what the rest of the community thinks about these suggestions.
Rum
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is this report available yet.

Urgently required for accountants

JP18
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Yes, would be nice to be able to view the trial balance on screen and drill in to the numbers and have the choice to export to XLS or PDF. These functions are available for Balance Sheets and Profit/Loss statements so seems strangethat the same functions aren't available for the TrialBal.

mi-shell87
1 Post
User

This should be included as part of the reports in Essentials. Accountants need this ledger provided.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mi-shell87

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the Idea Exchange I would recommend showing your support by voting for an idea. You can vote for an Idea using the + Vote button next to the idea's name.