Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger Summary

Contributing Partner

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Can you generate a General Ledger Summary Report that has an opening balance, a closing balance and net activity (movement column) for Accountants?

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will display the General ledger report in a summary view and users can expand upon an account or accounts if required more insight.

43 Comments
SCOTT11
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I need a General Ledger summary report. Opening Balance - debits then credits - and the movement in the accounts for the year. There are no reports that show the movement in the Balance Sheet accounts. Makes it very difficult to transpose figures to MYOB general ledger without these. Thanks

SCOTT11
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I do use the General Ledger report Detailed however to get the movement in each account you have to manually subtract the opening balance in each account. It really just need another column that has the movement. It would save having to do this manually. Its OK for the P & L items - they don;t have an opening balance.

And yes a summary would be good. I could then code the one page and re enter into our old MYOB ledger.  At the moment you have to go through each page.

ShannonK
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Having recently accessed MYOB essentials, I have noticed a few reports that can't be bought up. Unlike other MYOB versions I am unable to pull up a "General Ledger Summary" and "Balance Sheet Comparative". Another thing we are unable to do is delete transactions. While I can understand this can be a good security feature to have (banks will reconcile) you are unable to to "allocate" to an existing bank linked account. eg. transfer from business account to business credit card. I know the delete feature is available with other software providers.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ShannonK

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and reports.

However  your ideas have included elsewhere on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. I would recommend showing your support for the following ideas:

General Ledger Summary Report

Balance sheet and Profit and Loss Comparatives
Re: Deleting transactions from bank feeds

You can show your support by voting for an idea. To vote for an idea you would select the + VOTE button to the left of the Idea's name. You can also comment if required.

kathrynb
1 Post
Cover User

I am gobsmacked that I cannot produce a general ledger summary report!  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @kathrynb

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea and voting for its inclusion in possible releases of the program.

Snapdragon
4 Posts
User

I agree with the above comments.  It is an essential report for accountants and would love the implementation of this.  It was always part of previous MYOB programs, and in fact every other accounting program I can think of.  Thanks,

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Snapdragon

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea,

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Temviewer
1 Post
Cover User

Please, please give us a "General Ledger summary" report.

As with other users i cannot believe it is not included as standard, the data is there just dumb it down to a summary - Please...!

Of course it needs to include a "net activity" column.

We can always go to G L Detail if more info is required...

Please........Soon.

Thanks in advance

G4ZZ4
6 Posts
Cover User

This idea was submitted in 2013 and still has not been implemented.  Fairly simple report to include I would think.  I have voted on this idea, but I will not hold my breath for this report being implemented anytime soon judging on this thread.

If you want to proove me wrong, please do.  This report is needed for passing on to accountants.