Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General Ledger Summary

Contributing Partner

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Can you generate a General Ledger Summary Report that has an opening balance, a closing balance and net activity (movement column) for Accountants?

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials will display the General ledger report in a summary view and users can expand upon an account or accounts if required more insight.

43 Comments
Blackcaps
1 Post
Cover User

Must have this report.  It's very important for accountants.

Weilings
1 Post
User

Please make this general ledger summary report available because it is really important for accountant to put the figures in MYOB general ledger.

MARK_HVB
1 Post
Cover User

Ridiculous this report is not offered in Myob essentials

DiptiJethwani
2 Posts
Former Staff

we need a general ledger summary report and cash balance sheet in MYOB Essentials

Jim_Renard
1 Post
User

Hmmm, Given that accountants have been asking for GL Summary report to be included since 2013!.......... I guess the answer in no? Would be extremely handy however.

DonnaBruce
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can someone from MYOB advise if this report is available yet?

This is a basic report that is essential for accountants- which is why we have not recommended MYOB Essentials to clients in the past.

suzi63
2 Posts
User

Has this been added yet?

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @suzi63 , @DonnaBruce , @Jim_Renard , @MARK_HVB 

Sorry, I was thinking of AccountRight.

Regards,

AlanT

suzi63
2 Posts
User

Thanks for Responding with the ANSWER:

TRIAL BALANCE is used instead.

I will send to my Accountant and hope its useful enough...

Cheers Suz

DonnaBruce
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Trial balance helps for profit and loss items, but doesnts show the annual movement on the balance sheet items - this means you have to manually calculate this. This is the only software i have used that doesnt provide this general ledger summary report.