Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General ledger details - Include descriptions

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

Currently the General Ledger Report only shows descriptions for the Bank Accounts and has a blank spot on all other General Ledger Accounts. We need to be able to at least see a description on the General Ledger Report for ALL General Ledger Accounts otherwise we have to manually drill down into every transaction to ensure it has been coded to the correct General Ledger.

This is a must for Accountants from an EOY perspective.

Even better, it would be great if you could customise the General Ledger Report to add various fields such as Payees etc.

Please can we get this basic information included ASAP!!!

Thanks

"GENERAL LEDGER REPORT - NEED DESCRIPTIONS!!! ASAP PLEASE"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi Everyone,

Now the General Ledger Details report displays a Description for all transactions, if applicable. If there is a Notes field in the transaction, the Notes will be displayed as the Description, otherwise, the applicable customer/supplier/employee name, or bank transaction description will be used instead.

Thank you very much for all your interest in this idea. 

16 Comments
Tonia_LB
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Although this shows the Notes in the General Ledger Detail report, if the amount is made up of a split transaction, you want to be able to see the individual description relating to that portion of the transaction.

Tonia_LB
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Would definitely like to see this option included in the report. Although the Notes for the transaction displays in the GL report, if it is a split transaction it does not show the description and what makes up the full transaction. This is imperative from an Accountants point of view.

MeganHinch
3 Posts
Cover User

Agree, this is especially frustrating for clients who have recently moved from BankLink.

BEF
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please Please Please produce a report that allows for the descriptions entered to be visible from the General Ledger Report.  It is FRUSTRATING that our time is spent dissecting bank transactions only to find that information is then only accessible from the bank transaction itself.  This is critical where there are inter-entity loans and incomes such as rent and primary production where net amounts on the bank transaction need to be grossed up to allow for deductions such as commissions and fees.

cls2019
5 Posts
User

I'm having issues with this too in my Essentials file. Is there a way to have the further description printing on the GL report? I have entered descriptions when allotacting split transactions and only the Bank reference is coming through as the description for the transaction.

AS1
1 Post
User

Im struggling with not seeing my 'dissected' descriptions in the general ledger report also.  Has MYOB fixed this at all since this post? 

If not, what work arounds are you doing?

I see MYOB advise using the 'notes' section but I cant see that it is possible to add a note for each dissected line, does it?