Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: General ledger details - Include descriptions

kmh
User

15Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
User
Australia

Currently the General Ledger Report only shows descriptions for the Bank Accounts and has a blank spot on all other General Ledger Accounts. We need to be able to at least see a description on the General Ledger Report for ALL General Ledger Accounts otherwise we have to manually drill down into every transaction to ensure it has been coded to the correct General Ledger.

This is a must for Accountants from an EOY perspective.

Even better, it would be great if you could customise the General Ledger Report to add various fields such as Payees etc.

Please can we get this basic information included ASAP!!!

Thanks

"GENERAL LEDGER REPORT - NEED DESCRIPTIONS!!! ASAP PLEASE"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi Everyone,

Now the General Ledger Details report displays a Description for all transactions, if applicable. If there is a Notes field in the transaction, the Notes will be displayed as the Description, otherwise, the applicable customer/supplier/employee name, or bank transaction description will be used instead.

Thank you very much for all your interest in this idea. 

16 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello kmh,

What version are you referring to - v19.x or v2011/2012?

Are you meaning the Memo field is the one with no detail in it? When I look at the Clearwater sample file I can see the memo line on all transactions. You can also select the Allocation Memo field in the reports which may have additional details.

If it is not the Memo Lines what is it that you are after?

cheers

David

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

kmh
15 Posts
User

I am referring to MYOB Live Accounts

Silverfin
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When is this going to be added into essentials.  Without it, reconsiliations are harder than they need to be.

Fiona_Mac
3 Posts
Cover User

Why hasnt this been added yet? It is a pretty basic requirement that makes a huge difference to the end user.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone,

Now the General Ledger Details report displays a Description for all transactions, if applicable. If there is a Notes field in the transaction, the Notes will be displayed as the Description, otherwise, the applicable customer/supplier/employee name, or bank transaction description will be used instead.

Thank you very much for all your interest in this idea. 

NathanRM
1 Post
Cover User

Hi there, 

I have read through this post...this is the exact issue I am having with clients. 

When running a GL detail report and using Bills as the data entry option, the descriptions included in the report just defaults to the name of the supplier. 

This is very limiting. GL's are used to check what has been entered into an account, for example if a transaction is split and description entered that description should be included in the report. 

What happens currently is, the name of the supplier is reported as a part of the GL detail report if there are 10 lines of detail in one invoice I see 10 lots of supplier name, rather than the 10 different detailed descriptions coming through. 

Could this be actioned sooner rather than later, as GL's are very useful and clicking into every single transaction to get the detail of each line item is timeconsuming and frustrating. 

Regards

Nathan

Samantha52
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Hi

I am having the same issue.

Is there a way of printing the GL with the memo instead of the bank feed notes?

Regards

Sam

DavidCRay
1 Post
Cover User

Hi MYOB.

I'm a relatively new user of MYOB Essentials for a NFP sporting club.

I doubt that the idea of adding a "description" column to the General Ledger Report in MYOB Essentials is a new one.  It would not hard to add one more field to this report - there are columns which are not useful (eg. balance) and could be replaced with the transaction "description"  "Note" might also be helpful, but "description" is the one I really would like to see. 

Whenever the committee asks for a report, I have to manually go into each transaction and draw out the "description" and then track them manually.  I would switch to any other provider who could give this functionality.

Regards