Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: On banking transactions by contacts

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

I have come from using a different version of MYOB where you could view transactions by supplier or customer no matter which way you entered them in.  I was really shocked to find out that you can't do this with Live Accounts.

As I enter the majority of my sales in via "Banking, receive money" I cannot use the "Sales By Customer" Report as this will only bring up transactions that you have entered via "Invoices, Create Invoice".  It would be so beneficial to be able to be able to use this report for the sales that you have entered in via "Banking, Receive Money" as well.  

Also the same for when you enter expenses via "Banking, spend money".  You cannot use the "Expenses By Supplier" Report as it only brings up transactions that you have entered via "Expenses, Enter expense".

When you have alot of expenses and sales to enter in, it is too time consuming to enter them all in via the methods above that will allow you to run a report on them.

"Generate report for Customer sales & Purchases"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for the user to the run the Banking Transactions report which can be filtered by contact. This report can be run by Reports>>All reports>>Banking reports>>Banking transactions.

6 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows for the user to the run the Banking Transactions report which can be filtered by contact. This report can be run by Reports>>All reports>>Banking reports>>Banking transactions.

Colin123
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

How is this type of report performed in MYOB Business?  Namely, how does one filter spend/receive money transactions by Contact?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Colin123

Thanks for posting a clarification of this suggestion.

Since the initial post is from July 2012, I'm not sure if @kcsrone can respond to this question. But based on my understanding, the customer sales report data is taken directly from the sales transactions recorded from the sales tab. On the other hand, the transactions from the Spend Money or Receive Money window are linked directly to the contacts which produces a disconnect. Also, I believe it is set this way since receiving money does not necessarily mean a sale.

Feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve

Colin123
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi @Genreve_S 

Thanks for replying.  My comment was directed more @Steven_M whereby he provided a solution for MYOB Essentials.  I'm after one for MYOB Business.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Colin123

Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

Feel free to create a new thread if you require other assistance.

We're happy to help.

Thanks,
Genreve

Colin123
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi @Genreve_S 

I assume from your reply, there isn't a solution for MYOB Business?

On another thread a similar solution was suggested by using ther Supplier transactions report which supposedly can be found in Reporting>>Reports>>Purchases.  Again, this isn't availble in MYOB Business so I assume this is only for Essentials.

Colin