Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Payroll activity - list alphabetically by last name

Cover User

1Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

Who was the genius that decided that a payroll report should list employees alphabetically baed on their first name instead of their surname? MYOB have never done this before (for good reason). No other accounting report or ATO report or any report lists employees alphabetically based on their first name. If there is a good reason for it, I certainly cannot see it.

Please either change the alphabetical listing in the reports to be based on surnames, or give the user the ability to edit the way that the reports are listed like Xero does?

"Payroll activity report listed alphabetically using surname (NOT first name)"

4 Comments
FB_1910
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Totally agree, and have raised the question too but apparenlty MYOB are going to dictate the way we do things.  We're really over the New Essentials, we've had so many issues with it and support takes an enternity to get through to, and has little idea of how to fix things. It also appears that the simple task of printing a payroll activity report showing Leave balances has been denied to us as of 1 July!!  MYOB Account Edge Pro was far superior. 

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
I suggest a payroll setting so that users can choose to sort by surname as per industry standard, and then everything and I mean everything then sorts by surname, and for the minority who want it by first name can have their way too.
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,300 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I understand how this function is important to your payroll. Currently, this matter has been forwarded to our development team for future consideration. We appreciate your patience regarding this. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have any additional questions, and we will gladly assist you.

Kind regards,

Shella

Non-For-Profit
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, please make employees be sorted by last name! our timesheets and leave reports, etc are all sorted by last name, now i need to go all over to look for each employee, so disappointing! it's been almost 2 years and the development team has not developed anything? MYOB is really going back in time Smiley Sad