Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Purchase by item

Partner

3Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Partner
Australia

You have the 'Sales by Item' report so why not 'Expenses by Item'?

You are able to enter a new Item for each side of the transaction so why not be able to report on both???

Thanks

"Reports - Expense by Item"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

That's a great suggestion. Anyone else who would find this report useful, please cast your vote for this idea.

13 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
That's a great suggestion. Anyone else who would find this report useful, please cast your vote for this idea.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Dev Team,

Could we please have a report in Essentials that lists all my purchases by Items.

Like the Sales by Items, but so I can see what I have purchased without having to dump the Bills by Supplier report to Excel, and then fishing out all the transactions that are relevant.

I can't believe that this is missing.

Thanks,

Alan

"Purchases by Item report is needed"

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @AlanT 

Thanks for the great suggestion, you can print a report similar to this request by going to Reports>>Bills Reports>>Bills by Supplier >>Tick Item Detail>>Select Dates>>Generate Report. But as we have discovered in an earlier post you cannot export this report to excel all will need to be done manually.

I encourage all users that would like this report to be made available in Essentials "Purchases by Items"  and bring able to be exported to excel to vote and comment on this idea. 

HDuggan
5 Posts
Cover User

I would find this useful too. Also the ability to export all reports to excel. Thanks

SamanthaMoore
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

This is an important report given that Essentials does not have job costing capabilities. 

RubyTang
MYOB Staff
24 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Dev team,

In addition to the above report request...
When entering item transactions for purchase and selling at a higher price, if we could get a report that shows item movement that would really help our clients, this isn't an additional feature they're asking for but rather, a report that will show visibility of a feature that is already included.

For Example:
Bought xyz 5 Unit @ $5.00
Sold xyz 5 unit @ 10.00
Summary = 0 Item on hand, profit $25.00 for xyz this year.

This is not a request for additional feature, but a request to report to gain visibility on an existing feature that is already integrated.

Thanks!
Ruby

CordinaMarine
2 Posts
Cover User

Hello,

I agree with @AlanT I need to be able to run a report by sales and purchases by items so that we can track which items are profitable. At the moment it is impossible to tell 

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@KattC

Hi All,

I see that with great fanfare, you are now able to enter quantities into transactions within the Bank Feeds.

However, this new feature seems rather pointless if you still cannot produce this report.

WT...?

Alan

Jackie_Redai
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

I agree with AlanT

We have been waiting and requesting this Bills by item report for a while now. Is vital for a business to know these quanities just as much as sales by item.

Please can this be the next report to develop.

CafeThePreVue
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have painstakingly entered items and corresponding prices to every single item we purchase for stock when we enter our bills, however have just discovered there is no report so that you can track these items per month/week/year.

For example, we want to see how many litres of milk we purchase over a month, and despite having "Milk 1L" as an item, there is no way to view this report, and instead we have to go through each invoice and manually compile this information.

Very strange as I know there is an items sold report!