Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Report: Superannuation accrual amounts

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

652Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be really handy to have a something available in Essentials like in AR the super by fund summary report. Currently I use the payroll summary report as this is the only report available. It works fine as it shows the super for that month, but I am always flicking back to the employee contact details to see the super fund and member number for each employee.

"Super report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2014

Thanks for the excellent idea. Anyone who is looking for a more detailed superannuation report similar to the Accrual by Fund reports in AccountRight, please cast your vote here. For those not familiar with AccountRight, the accrual by fund [summary] shows total superannuation accruals for each employee. The employees are grouped by fund and there is total for each fund at the end of its listing. The name and employee membership number for each employee is also listed, as is the superannuation fund name and the employer membership number.

3 Comments
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thanks for the excellent idea. Anyone who is looking for a more detailed superannuation report similar to the Accrual by Fund reports in AccountRight, please cast your vote here. For those not familiar with AccountRight, the accrual by fund [summary] shows total superannuation accruals for each employee. The employees are grouped by fund and there is total for each fund at the end of its listing. The name and employee membership number for each employee is also listed, as is the superannuation fund name and the employer membership number.
OliviaN
3 Posts
Cover User

Please do address this matter urgently as the next stage is to ensure that MYOB essentials is compliant with the new Super Streaming legislation.

Contributing Cover User ams88
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I've just started using Essentials for one of the business's I look after.

I am a long term MYOB subscriber and user of AccountRight and have just upgraded from V19.15 to 2019.2.  So I know a few things I guess.  Using Essentials has been a learning curve and I believe can be improved upon with respect to payroll, it feels a little tacked on.

The report Accrual by Funds Summary & Detail I believe are essential tools for reconciliation and processing contributions to super funds.  Kind of important particularly now with STP.

Amongst other reports, Payroll Summary, showing breakdown of quarter and FY  would be great too.