Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Export all reports to Excel

Trusted Partner

60Posts

246Kudos

3Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Need to make all reports exportable to excel

Cant export trial balance to excel

Cant export GST reports to excel

Balance sheet exports account numbers and account description into separate columns yet P&L is concatenated - WHY?

All this makes it time consuming to prepare working papers

"Export reports to excel"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all showing your support for this idea

MYOB Business allows for all reports to be exported to Excel.

80 Comments
Alijoy
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Alijoy - to export an Essentials report (say the P&L), go to Reports \ Profit and Loss.

Next go to View As, click Export to see options to save te report in Excel or PDF format.

Under Options, you can choose Accrual mode (the traditonal way) or Cash mode (if you report your BAS by Cash).

P.S. If you have the free Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, there's a handy tool for it.

Adobe Export PDF allows you to export a PDF to Word of Excel format, for an annual subscription of around AUD$35.

A very handy tool, that I often use.

Kym Y, Darwin

Disabled1
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Could not agree moew

KatrinaG
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Upvoted for visibility.

This is a basic feature that really should be included without a need to request it.

Taylah
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Can we please get all reports to have the possibly of being export to Excel.

This is with special mention to the Trial Balance. It creates a bit of a headache for accountnts to complete financial reports and tax returns so we find it hard to recommend this product.

Disabled1
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I find it incredible that you have reports in PDF format rather than excel. Its data that we have entered. Clearly the fields which we need are in the PDF report. Is it just laziness that they are not available in excel. One report which is essential for me is Sales by Customer report which I need to convert to a csv file. Its very easy to do from excel but difficult from PDF. The sales by customer report is excellent, and the fields are great, why have this only available in excel.  Xero has a similar report, all their reports are available in excel!! This need to be solved. I am willing to pay extra for this option. 

KatiaV
3 Posts
User

As business owner, I need to manage/analyse data.

However, the reports can be exported only to pdf version which is not great.

Users should be able to export every single reports to Excel.

coops1
2 Posts
User

Absolutley agree with you KatieV. Having the ability to export ALL reports to excel should be a basic feature available.

KerryHamilton
5 Posts
User

Thank you for posting this - this is causing me so much frustration.  Part of my role is to find the issues with clients reconcilitions but having to find ways around not being able to export is really annoying me. 

Nicole_007
Experienced User
50 Posts
Experienced User

Can you please upgrade the system a little so that you can export information from the General Ledger into Excel, rather than PDF. Now I have to manually create an excel for the entire year from PDF.  It really is a waste of time.