Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Export all reports to Excel

Trusted Partner

60Posts

246Kudos

3Solutions

60 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Need to make all reports exportable to excel

Cant export trial balance to excel

Cant export GST reports to excel

Balance sheet exports account numbers and account description into separate columns yet P&L is concatenated - WHY?

All this makes it time consuming to prepare working papers

"Export reports to excel"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all showing your support for this idea

MYOB Business allows for all reports to be exported to Excel.

80 Comments
Brownie262
5 Posts
Cover User

We have recently moved our BankLink clients onto the cloud version, one thing that is making the online version really annoying is excel conversion. It would be really helpful if we could export the various reports to excel as we used to be able to do, it is too difficult to customise pdf reports for each clients needs....please bring this feature back!!

matteovinci
1 Post
Cover User

Is this a work in progress still?
I just tried the customer report and it just brings up customer names, contact number and email address.
Not exactly completely useful, doesn't show address, ABN etc...
Why is this and will this be fixed?

hotair
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Just like AR live and Xero - would like to be bale to extract TB to Excel!@

Brownie262
5 Posts
Cover User

Recently moved our BankLink clients over to MYOB Essentials Cashbook and am dissapointed that the coding report function does not allow us to extract to excel and when printed to pdf the formatting is horrible.
Would be great if this functionality could be brought back, with an overall review of the flexibility of all report functions at least for accountants/adviser use (pdf, cash/accrual, comparatives, excel etc.)

AceB
1 Post
Cover User

PLEASE developers allow us to export the trial balance to an excel worksheet - i find myself discouraging clients from signing up to this product purly based on that fact that i will have to retype the trial balance at the end of every FY. We can export almost every other report to excel why not the trial balance!

MCostigan
1 Post
User

When preparing a profit and loss report, and changing the report to be on a cash basis, the report then changes to show ALL unused accounts. There does not appear to be an option to remove these unused accounts from the report, and when I change back to accrual the report removes these extra accounts with no activity automatically. Please add an option to "hide unused accounts" so my 1 page P&L does not become 3 pages long!

GL Summary report! - Accountants everywhere use this! Can we also have the option to export to excel

Some reports don't have the option to export to excel, and open in PDF only (eg GST report for activity statement), can we also please get the GST summary report back?

Frank_La Delfa
Experienced Partner
21 Posts
Experienced Partner

E.g. Receivables & payables with tax would be great to assist with reconciling GST

ElixirHoney123
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes MYOB please  ensure all reports are able to be sent to Excel.  Especially Sales by item detail report and Sales by customer detail report.  As a small business owner we need to use this data to interogate our numbers.  It's damaging to the MYOB brand when I have to input this data by hand into spreadsheets = as I'm not saying nice things about you. Smiley Happy

Jennifer2016
5 Posts
Cover User

I think being able to export the Trial Balance to excel is essential for basic bookkeeping. I see that this has been a request for some time, any reason why this hasn't happened yet?

eMALDIN
1 Post
Cover User

Is there any answer from MYOB about why such basic functionality is missing?  It's utterly ludicrous.  I'm in my 30-day trial period and I'm currently very tempted to go back to my old desktop version of MYOB because Essentials is missing so much that the older versions already have.