Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Reports: General ledger details -Cash basis

Partner

29Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

I understand that there aren't any current plans to update the Reports available in LiveAccounts in the near future.

I PLEAD and BEG with you to make an exception to this and include;

1.  Profit & Loss Report on a Cash Basis, and

2.  Account Transactions on a Cash Basis

LiveAccounts would be the perfect solution for several of my clients except for these missing reports & hence I am hesitant to recommend they subscribe.  LiveAccounts is aimed at Small/Micro Business and the majority of these run on a Cash Basis for GST reporting etc..  The reports requested above are integral in assisting the business owners with planning & Cashflow management. 

They are also extremely important in BAS & IAS reporting to verify information.  Determination of Cash Profit & verifcation of same is critical when determing variations to PAYG Instalments on a quarterly basis that some Accountants prefer/insist on to ensure a more accurate payment & reporting of PAYG obligations for the year, minimising the need for additional payments when the Tax Return is completed.

My clients need to record their Bills & Sales on an Accrual basis so that at any given time they can look into the Cloud (LiveAccounts) & see what is due, therefore, it is not practical to run LiveAccounts entirely on a Cash basis just to obtain the Cash reports, which is the only way I can see that they could be produced as it stands.

Please seriously consider including the above 2 requested Cash Basis reports in your next update.

Thank you

"Cash Basis reports (P&L and Account Transactions)"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. The Profit & Loss report and the General Ledger Details report now can both use the Cash basis option.

5 Comments
MYOB Moderator
113 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Hi Ma. The P&L is now Cash basis, and we are working on the General Ledger report as well. Regards, Steve
3 Posts
User

Hi Steve, I can see your comment that the P&L is now in Cash basis - is this only for LiveAccounts? I am working in Account Right Plus v19.9 and badly need the P&L Multi on a Cash basis. Would appreciate if you could let me know..

THanks,

MYOB Moderator
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi SigridOMalley, thanks for the feedback, this board is for Live Accounts only, AccountRight already has this feature available under "Reports->Accounts->Small Business Entity->Profit & Loss [Cash]". The Cash basis for this is not available for Multi-Period  however. You can suggest that it be added into a future AccountRight Update on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange at http://www.myob.com/ideas/

3 Posts
User

Hi Matthew_W, Thanks for the feedback much appreciated. Will do so..

MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you all for your interest in this idea. The Profit & Loss report and the General Ledger Details report now can both use the Cash basis option.