Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Supplier invoice number on Bills reports

5Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New Zealand

Hi there,

I can't seem to find any reports under the Bills section which show the supplier invoice number, they all seem to have the expense number as automatically applied by MYOB which is totally useless.  Please there must be an easy way to show all Bills with the suppliers invoice number on it but I just can't seem to find it.

Cheers

"Supplier invoice number on any Bills Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Supplier Invoice no is available for adding on reports like the Supplier purchases (detail) & Supplier transactions reports

For more information on adding columns to reports see Help Article: Customising reports.

37 Comments
Finese
1 Post
User

I was a account edge user and previuosly we could view the Inv number the purchase Number/name on the main screen now not available need purchase order attached to that customer eg

Mr smith - PO Lot !2 but Mr Smith also had PO Lot 15 and all have seperate inv numbers so we search with PO number very very annoying have to open inv one by one just to check which one it is. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Finese

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and this particular idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + Vote button to the left of the idea's name.

DMS-04
2 Posts
Cover User

Definately Required!

RachelM
3 Posts
Cover User

I am disappointed to see that in MYOB Essentials when you run any SUPPLIER reports you cannot see the supplier's invoice number.  The only reference that is displayed is the date, MYOB reference and the amount.  The MYOB reference number in my opinion is absolutely not needed for display purposes.  Could this not be replaced with the actual supplier's invoice number ?  For small businesses that have one supplier this makes it extremely difficult to reconcile the supplier statement each month not to mention extremely time consuming.

Also, if you could use the TAB function to move from one field to another that would be extremely helpful also.

Adgod
1 Post
Cover User

Just tried to work this out; only way I can find is printing from the Bills list, reduce scale to about 70% to fit on the page...

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi everybody,

I'd just like to add my comment on how important this kind of information is, i.e. the supplier bill numbers on bill reports. This incovenience has bugged me as long as I use MYOB, which is a long while. The absence of these numbers on bill reports makes it practically impossible to reconcile supplier statements with our records. It's surprising that the number complaints about this issue is not much higher. I have not idea how people manage to work around this issue without urging MYOB to rectify this ommission. PLEASE MOVE THIS PROPOSAL FROM "UNDER CONSIDERATION" TO IMPLEMENTATION!

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi everybody,

PLEASE MOVE THIS PROPOSAL FROM "UNDER CONSIDERATION" TO IMPLEMENTATION! It's impossible to make reconciliations between supplier statements and our records. The absence of supplier bill numbers on bill reports has bugged me since I've been using MYOB. It's incomprehensible why not many more people complain about it. I have no idea how people manage to work around this issue without pulling out their hair with frustration. MYOB, PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY!

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

And why do you need more votes anyway? It's obvious that it's imperative that supplier bill numbers be present on reports to enable reconciliations. If MYOB Essentials does not provide for this, what does it say about its functionality? Also, what does it say about its quality improvement process if the issue has not been fixed since 2013 when people began raising it?

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

People have been complaining about this since 2013! That's 34 votes. MYOB, how many votes do you need to start moving on this?

StrathG
1 Post
User

Has this suggestion been actioned? Im finding it very frustrating not having invoice numbers.