Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Supplier invoice number on Bills reports

5Posts

69Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New Zealand

Hi there,

I can't seem to find any reports under the Bills section which show the supplier invoice number, they all seem to have the expense number as automatically applied by MYOB which is totally useless.  Please there must be an easy way to show all Bills with the suppliers invoice number on it but I just can't seem to find it.

Cheers

"Supplier invoice number on any Bills Report"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

Supplier Invoice no is available for adding on reports like the Supplier purchases (detail) & Supplier transactions reports

For more information on adding columns to reports see Help Article: Customising reports.

37 Comments
aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi everybody,

I complained about this too in the past. I think I have found a way around it. I now enter supplier tax invoice numbers into the field "Bill Number" (which would be otherwise filled with automatically assigned numbers). I don't know why they have both "Bill Number" and "Invoice Number" on Purchases forms. That gets people confused it seems (and nobody seems to need those automatically generated bill numbers). However, if supplier invoice numbers are entered as bill numbers rather than invoice numbers, they do appear on all the bill reports and that makes statement reconciliations feasible! This works for me.

Regards.

aplus
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi everybody,

I complained about this too in the past. I think I have found a way around it. I now enter supplier tax invoice numbers into the field "Bill Number" (which would be otherwise filled with automatically assigned numbers). I don't know why they have both "Bill Number" and "Invoice Number" on Purchases forms. That gets people confused it seems (and nobody seems to need those automatically generated bill numbers). However, if supplier invoice numbers are entered as bill numbers rather than invoice numbers, they do appear on all the bill reports and that makes statement reconciliations feasible! This works for me.

Regards.

AnnaCapito
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

Just started using Essentials for a client and find it absolutely  ridiculous that you can't see the supplier invoice number on the unpaid bills report.  The report becomes useless to me now.  MYOB it needs to be moved from under consideration and into development.  This is a stock standard feature that should have been included with the basics when it was first realised.  Very fustrating in deed.  Along with other key features that aren't there like emailing remittance advices, creating .aba file for supplier invoice payments etc.....  Not a fan at all.

HEYYY
1 Post
Cover User

C'mon!  Implement it NOW!

Newby744
6 Posts
Cover User

Gets my vote.... this is a stupid stupid limitation of this package.  Along with not being able to sort by your own choice of column.  It's not rocket science MYOB - your developers should be able to fix these issue very quickly - then we could all sigh with relief.    

I want to be able to click on any column and have it sort A-Z or select ascending or decending..... PLEASE

I seriously an so disappointed with MYOB - clunky and annoying.  No option to drill down to a particular transaction if you want or need to.  

The new interface is irritating.  Where are the icons? 

Why can't we modify reports to show the information WE want?  Showing the MYOB generated transaction number is just stupid, stupid.  No use at all. 

I wish my accountant didn't use this stupid package. ..... 

Newby744
6 Posts
Cover User

JUST SEEN THIS IS 2015 ----- and STILL no progress... talk about backward

Vanzwan
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Very surprised this has not been implemented yet! Quite a Basic function 

Vanzwan
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

as a work around I have been doing the following:

Purchases -> Bills

Change setting to Open

Sort by Supplier Name

this will give a list that you can print / screenshot which will show supplier / invoice number / amount owed / due date.

its not great and cant be exported / pdf'd other than a print version but will suffice for the client in question until the report becomes more comprehensive / if it ever does, perhaps one of the downsides of the simpler / cheaper subscription?

Elite_Sales
2 Posts
Cover User

Go to Purchases Register, Purchase Register Detail (All Purchases) - it will show all purchases for a particular date range including supplier invoice number.  You can also filter the report by supplier if required.

Arkitk
2 Posts
Cover User

I whole heartedly agree the invoice number is essential (excuse the pun) on reports.