Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Request for additional functionality on Trans History window please.

Experienced Partner

122Posts

287Kudos

0Solutions

122 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Team

I use the transaction history window a lot as I set up suspense accounts for clients where payments are made from a personal credit card, or a related company bank account, for expenditures incurred by another company.

It would be really helpful if the To/From column could include the Notes field from the spend money or transfer windows.

Also be great to have the Accnt column, as in bank transactions window, to show which account the transaction relates to.

Maybe if a notes facility was added to the trans history window, a la bank trans window, that would be great.

Better still if it was prepopulated with any notes from a spend money notes field, that would be great.

Also rather than insist on the Spend Money notes field having to have some content, it could be populated with the paid To information if the notes field is left blank.

Happy to discuss these issues on the phone if I am not being crystal clear in this email.

Thanks for your ongoing improvements to a great program.

Geoffrey

4 Comments
Experienced Partner
122 Posts
Experienced Partner

HI Richard/Team

It would be great to have some feedback on my suggestion of 28 May?

Thanks

Geoffrey

MYOB Moderator
113 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi Geoffrey,

These are great suggestions. Down the track we are planning to merge the Banking and Trans History windows, so that you get all this data in one place. i.e. the notes, bank txn details if matched, and account.

I like your idea of defaulting the Spend money with the paid To if the note is empty.

This work is in the roadmap for late in the year. After we revamp Invoices.

Regards,

Experienced Partner
122 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi Steve

Thanks its good to feel heard.

Cheers

Geoffrey

1 Post
Cover User

Yes.  Need to be able to print a report showing all transactions for a particular account that shows all of that transaction details including notes etc.