Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include a date column

Partner

9Posts

34Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Partner
Australia

I am sure many clients would benefit from have the option of using the "Item" based layout AND a "Professional" based layout as is available in the AccountRight Versions. For service based businesses - the Account Live product is not adaptive enough.

At best i would love to have the option of a service date and be able to not have all columns printing on the invoice. This would mean that internally we could use the item function, but not have the item numbers, qty being printed on the customers invoice.

"Service Date per invoice line"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your post. As you would've noticed, LiveAccounts does not currently have an option to customise forms. However we are looking to stop the system from printing the Item column, if it is not used in the invoice. Therefore if you were to create a Service type invoice (with no Items) the printed form would not include the Item column. We hope to make this change in a future update.

10 Comments
jaglover
5 Posts
Cover User

I would like to be able to enter a date of supply on each invoice line.

I provide my services as a contractor, and 1 invoice can be for 5x separate days (or part days) on 1 invoice.

also another vote for negative value to be possible to cover withholding tax held by client..

Leanne_Berry
Admin
928 Posts
Admin

Why not use a seperate line on the invoice for each date of supply???

CathieR
Ultimate Partner
965 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Leanne,  thank  I have amended my answer.  Keep falling into that trap.

Jaglover.

To enter the date just override the description for each line to include the date.

Say Item 001 is Service Fees, enter in description 20/7/2011 Service Fee, and then for the next line Item 001 21/7/2011 Service Fee.

jaglover
5 Posts
Cover User

thanks for that...I asked in an email to support and was told that it wasn't possible.

Well, live and learn!

Thaks again,

Phil

StevePick
113 Posts
Former Staff

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. As you would've noticed, LiveAccounts does not currently have an option to customise forms. However we are looking to stop the system from printing the Item column, if it is not used in the invoice. Therefore if you were to create a Service type invoice (with no Items) the printed form would not include the Item column. We hope to make this change in a future update.
BarryTheCat
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I would also ask that this be attencded to ASAP, I have numerous clients - that I have recommended upgrade/change to Live Accounts, and there is no 'service invoice'.

My clients are not happy as the vast majority are service businesses, and for them to supply their client/customer with an 'item invoice' is ridiculous, and makes my client look unprofessional.

This does not reflect well on me, nor MYOB.

This really should be attended to promptly.

temedia
4 Posts
Cover User

When sending invoices to clients it is generally required to tell the client on the invoice what date/s the job was....  Currently there is no way of adding "dates" to each line on the invoice

Sure its fine to manually  type the date on the description line, but not ideal. Having used Account Edge/Right there was always an option at the begining of each descriptive line to allocate a date to that line.

Im sure may professionals using the "SERVICES" layout would like this feature.

Tower2015
1 Post
Cover User

I need a column titled date and the ability to select a date in each row from a drop down or a calendar.