Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Ability to record quotes

Cover User

16Posts

35Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Will live accounts evea be able to do Quote's?? ,  then be able to transfer them into invoices

"Quoting"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2013

We have now released the new quotes feature in LiveAccounts.

15 Comments
Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Eddie,

Sorry for the delay in repsonding. I have been on annual leave exploring the Aus outback on motorbike. Batteries are now recharged and am getting back into the swing of work. 

Having the ability to create a quote, manage them, report on them, follow up and when applicable turn them quickly into an invoice which can be emailed or printed for your client is something already on the LiveAccounts Roadmap.

At this stage I do not have an exact ETA as the team is engaged on some other exciting big features, but I am hoping to deliver this 2nd half 2011.

Quick question for you... If we included quotes to invoice etc functionality in a mobile app, say android / iphone sync'd to LiveAccounts, would you use it?    

Brodie865
3 Posts
User

If you can get quoting as an application on iphones , ipads and alike it would make the whole product much better and a product that I as a service provider could use in the field to give quick accurate quotes to clients on the spot. 

I would definatly use the app.

eddie
16 Posts
Cover User

Hi Richard

Thanks for you reply

A mobile app (android / iphone)  would not be much use to be but may be good for others.

Thanks

Eddie

Maggie_McKenzi
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Hi Richard

I have been searching the Android Market for a suitable app for MYOB invoicing so I would definitely use an Android app.

There are many available which integrate with QB.

I have a client who uses Invoice2Go (I think) for iPhone. They would use a MYOB one if it became available.

Or simply being able to access Live Accounts from a mobile device would make life much easier.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Cheers

Maggie

Acropoli
4 Posts
User

I agree with all of the above.  I would use all requested functionality in preferably the following development order:

1)  Quote ability in LiveAccounts

2)  Accessible from a mobile browser (Opera on Android reports the browser is out of date)

3)  Android Application for quoting & invoicing.

Please please please Smiley Happy

Oh, and not to forget - NZ Payroll! Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------

At this stage I do not have an exact ETA as the team is engaged on some other exciting big features, but I am hoping to deliver this 2nd half 2011.

What happened to this time-line, even at a guestimate? Smiley Tongue

Quick question for you... If we included quotes to invoice etc functionality in a mobile app, say android / iphone sync'd to LiveAccounts, would you use it?

Yes, every day!

morgio
4 Posts
User

Quoting is very important to me. I can't believe it wasn't included in this product in the first place. Am currently stuffing around trying to use an Excel spreadsheet to record quotes.

I'd definitely use a mobile app for quoting.

"... hoping to deliver this 2nd half 2011"

Looking forward to the quoting function in the next 26 days or so.

:-)

chrisb
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Hi, I would like to see the quoting and mobile access features also. would definately use them

michaelmurphy
1 Post
User

I am very, very surprised quoting wasn't including as a stock standard feature of live accounts. As a tradesman, myself and I'm sure many others really need this feature. It's more of a must have than a wish list item.

Ideally the ability to use a customizable template for hours / materials / supplies etc. Then once job has been taken on and completed simply turn that quote into an invoice using the one customer database, then track payment as per usual.

The mobile app also is a great idea, why not use the technology so Quotes and invoices can be done on the fly as the rise of smart phones and tablets is only going to increase. I would definitely use this, and also imagine it would be very popular.

Would love to see the quoting feature added soon please MYOB!

greenedge
3 Posts
User

Hi team,

It's now 2012 and still no Quoting in LiveAccounts. This is an essential feature for my service business any by all accounts everyone else's too. To help close the loop on my paperwork quoting would be my highest priority.

I look forward to it's release.

Dan Mortensen

Green Edge Gardening

BluffScruff
1 Post
Cover User

I have been waiting to purchase this software since last year but to date there is still no Quoting in LiveAccounts. This is an essential feature for my Electrical contracting business and for all other trades men out there. it is not often that we get to do jobs without first having to supply a quote. To cut out the paperwork quoting is my highest priority. Will it also be able to be uploaded to the PC version in the office or the server as this is important too. Simpro is a good example of whet most of us are looking at but with the monopoly in the market it is out of most sole traders price range