Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. This idea has been raised previously. We recommend that you vote for this idea here:

Purchase order number displayed on the list of invoices

Melaniemav
5 Posts
User

Yes!! Some kind of quick reference so I don't have to open up every invoice I've done for a client to find out if a P/O has been invoiced! We send out hundreds of invoices and going back through them all is a pain and a massive waste of time and the clients money! 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your comments. They have been passed on to our developers. In the meantime, you can search for invoices by the purchase order number from the invoices tab of the find transactions screen.

Bodey
1 Post
User

We have just changed from Account Right to Essentials and the lack of this feature is close to a deal breaker!!!  It has become a nightmare trying to quickly answer questions about invoices!  We are having to print out each invoice so that we can see the customer purchase order number.  It is making writing invoices difficult and also receiving the payments as there is no list of the customer purchase order numbers.  I can see from the above posts that this has been an identifie issue for more than 18 months.  Any small business who sends multiple invoices to one client requires this facility!  I wonder how many businesses have changed away from Essentials based on the lack of this feature.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @Bodey

I can see showing the purchase order number on the list of invoices would be beneficial, our developers are considering adding this feature in MYOB Essentials Accounting, however I'm afraid at this stage we don't have a time frame available. 

Essentials Accounting was designed to to be a simple accounting software, for advanced features, customisations and reporting options we would suggest AccountRight instead.

HTMSPTYLTD
1 Post
User

PLEASE bring a search under customer order number to MYOB Essentials ... I spend so much time looking up individual invoices for customer PO numbers ... I considered starting up a job book and writing the invoice numbers next to the order numbers ... but then why am I paying a monthly subscription MYOB??? Come on guys ... step to the play : )

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @HTMSPTYLTD

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to the search function. Developers do prioritise changes and fixes based on a number of factors, such as the impact of the issue, the number of people affected, and the time it would take to resolve the issue. I have sheared your comments with the team.

If there is any other users that would like to see this in a future upgrade please do comment and vote.

Pete747
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner

I Agree. Most of My Clients (I am an MYOB Partner) use their Clients Purchase Order Number on the Invoice to their Client to ensure they Get Paid. Often this is the reference the client will use to identify the payment, not the Invoice Number. 

This Field can also then be used by others to identfy criteria which whold be useful when trying to identify the contents of and invoice in a list - for instance the name of the person who ordered the service etc. 

At the very least this should appear as a searchable field for invoices, and on Sales Invoice reports when generated.

Thanks,

Peter

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Pete747

Thank you for your comments in regards to this idea. 

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTe button to the left of the Idea's name.

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

I've just come back to see if there had been any development with my suggestion on searching for the PO number or having it available on the list of invoices. I was hoping you could provide more information on this comment @Liam_M

by MYOB Moderator on ‎06-01-2015 02:58 PM

Thanks for your comments. They have been passed on to our developers. In the meantime, you can search for invoices by the purchase order number from the invoices tab of the find transactions screen.

Also @CloverQ in response to your comment :

I can see showing the purchase order number on the list of invoices would be beneficial, our developers are considering adding this feature in MYOB Essentials Accounting, however I'm afraid at this stage we don't have a time frame available. 

Essentials Accounting was designed to to be a simple accounting software, for advanced features, customisations and reporting options we would suggest AccountRight instead.

The suggestion was asked almost 2 years ago - and to be honest there hasn't been a whole lot of change to the software.

Also you seem to consider this request as an 'advanced feature'. I don't agree with this, the information is already contained in the invoice (if entered by the business) so a simple search function couldn't be that difficult?

Grateful for a prompt response

Thanks

Bec