Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M another comment regarding this issue - a simple yes or no as to whether or not this functionality will be available will be good- it is over 3 1/2 years since the request has been made - as @ModernPl pointed out tonight - the fees keep going up but the system stays the same other than a few colour and font changes???

ModernPl
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Other than changing reports and stuff.

Half the stuff goes back to the old ones because it's no good anyway.

All of that stuff gets changed, the login gets changed etc when it's perfectly fine, why is it so hard to put one line that says the purchase order next to the customer.

ModernPl
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@becn

Still no response, they even surveyed me and asked what they could do to make things better, still haven't had a response from that either.

I have to redo my inventory so it might be a good time to change to xero

s_mcdonald
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User

Don't be silly - they will never get this done. It's only been, what 3 YEARS!! and its still under consideration.

What a joke!!

This is why xero have my business now. Good Luck Myob users!

juliegraorovski
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi, 

I really need another option for search other than an invoice number please.  eg: PO number, Job number. 

If I have invoiced out a job, but havent noted that its been invoiced , I have to go to that customer and look though 100 + invoices to see it this job has been invoiced. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this particular idea

I'm pleased to announce we are in development of a way to show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoices window in MYOB Essentials. This will also allow the user to sort the columns according to those values.

SMcDonald
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Too little too late. (Nearly 4 years, hope myob learn something from this)

Already moved to xero and much happier there. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

eliteauto
2 Posts
Cover User

Is it at all possible to search the "purchase order" by typing this number into the search box?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @eliteauto

Currently in this release, the Purchase Order Number is not a field that can be searched, only shown and sorted. However, using the Browser's search capabilities i.e. CTRL + F will allow you to search for the required Purchase Order Number.