Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Include Purchase Order on Invoices page

Experienced Cover User

116Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

116 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be great if the Purchase order number could be displayed in one of the columns when looking at the list of invoices (whether paid, overdue or current) - perhaps between the invoice number and customer name.

This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular invoice (rather than opening up each individual invoice)

Thanks

Bec

"Purchase order number displayed on list of invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm pleased to announce that MYOB Essentials will now show the Purchase Order Number on the Invoice window. This column can also be sorted if required.

For more information on this update please see Sorting invoices by purchase order number and other workflow improvements

84 Comments
becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M I find it a bit strange that you can't search for the PO number like you can the invoice number or the supplier? Couldn't this functionality have just been replicated from the other searches?

when is it expected that we would be able to use the search function for POs?

also you mentioned using ctrl F to search in your browser? How do you search on an iPad or iPhone? 

I've done a spot check and the CTRL F won't even bring up a PO that I'm searching for - but because I have the invoice number I can find it that way!!! I have snips of this in a word document but can't attach it here?

Really not impressed, not reliable at all - I wanted to use the search function to go through open PO's to make sure they have been invoices. When it can't find 1 out of 3 PO's that I spot check it can't be used!!!! really frustrating - was it even tested????

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

Currently, this release doesn't include the ability to search for that Customer PO No, this is something that we are still looking into for the future. The ability to search those values can come through from your Browser's Find function to which CTRL + F would be the standard shortcut for. On a mobile device, this would generally be done through the Find on Page/Find in Page function within your browser.

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M And the rest of my comment??? It couldn't find one in three POs that I tried to find. They are definitely  in the invoice list because I can find it when I search for the invoice number!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

Sorry I didn't see the rest of the message as it was edited in after the fact of the original email.

The way most Find functions work in Browsers is that they will find all records that match the criteria one set a time. For example, if you have two Purchase Orders Nos the same i.e. ABC123 and ABC567 if you just search for ABC it will find ABC123 first and then you can select the find next option (generally an arrow in the find function) to find the next record i.e. ABC567.

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M I understand how the ctrl f function works, my point is that if I type the PO number (that I know is on the invoice, even copy and paste it into the ctrl f search) it won't bring up the invoice that the PO relates to know. The only reason I know the invoice number is because it is sitting in front of me.

The implementation of the PO number on the invoice screen is absolutely useless until you can search like you can search for a customer or the invoice number.

please tell me that this will be fixed and released in the very near future so we can actually use it and not have to wait another 4 years. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

As mentioned, the initial release of the Customer PO No field was to include this in the Invoices window. Adding the ability to search that field is something that we are still looking into for the future - we don't have a time frame for when this will be a searchable field at this stage.

s_mcdonald
Contributing User
16 Posts
Contributing User

Don't worry it is being considered. It'll only take 4 years to implement. 

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M you can't be serious - we are able to search on every other field that is on the invoice screen except the PO field which was the initial request, why would you implement something in a screen that doesn't have the same functionality as everything else on that screen - you can not mark this as implemented when it is only half done!!! I've just logged into essentials and I even get a notice up the top about how this 'workflow improvement' has been implemented - there is no improvement. Such as a waste of time!!!
It can not be that hard to make the PO field have the ability to be search like the other columns.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @becn

This particular idea was marked as Implemented based on the initial premise of the original idea which was to have the Customer Purchase No. shown on the Invoices window, which has been included in our recent MYOB Essentials update.

The initial stage of development on this is to have the Customer Purchase No shown on screen. following on from that we are looking into the ability to search that window for values going forward.

becn
Experienced Cover User
116 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Steven_M I don't agree with your initial premise comment. I wouldn't have thought it needed to be spelt out that if we wanted something added to the Invoices screen/window, that we would want it to have the same functionality that everything on that screen has - we are able to search anything else in all the other information displayed on that screen.

Part of my request - almost 4 years ago - stated 'This would save a lot of time searching to see if an invoice has been created against a particular PO (rather than opening up each individual invoice)' the word 'search' was mentioned in that. I'm pretty sure throughout the numerous comments over the years, that searching would have been mentioned. The fact that another user's first comment, within a very short time frame of you posting saying this was implemented, was along the lines of 'are we able to search the PO number' - this is from a user - how could the developers not pick up the fact that the users may want to search this field.

Again we keep paying increased monthly subscription prices for formatting and colour changes, surely some of this extra money can be spent making the system work to it's full potential.

Really, really disappointed in the lack of effort from MYOB's end!