Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Sales: Inset lines on quotes or invoices

FreshCreative

3Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User
Australia

To have the ability to insert additional lines bewtween existing items on invoices & quotes instead of only adding lines at the bottom.

Thanks

"Ability to insert lines on quotes & invoices"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for raising this great idea. Anyone else who would like to see this please cast your vote here.

13 Comments
MYOB Moderator Liam_M
3,488 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thank you for raising this great idea. Anyone else who would like to see this please cast your vote here.
jimel
13 Posts
Cover User

Yes  we done this all the on premier.

drawcard
12 Posts
User

We need a handle icon next to each line item, so we can drag and drop the items to rearrange, as you can in Saasu.

Contributing Cover User SonicSecurity
33 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Once again, as an ex Freshbooks user, I was able to move any row around to suit my invoice. 

Now with the save and copy invoice function it has made it easier to copy an invoice rather than retype it all again. 

However, If there are any changes that need to be made I am unable to move the rows around to where I would like them. 

The reason for this request is, my clients will give me a list of staff that have worked and I need to invoice for. If there is one change in teh middle of the invoice, I'd like to be able to move it where I would like it to appear.

It was a brilliant feature that I dearly miss having the use of.

Thanks

33 Posts
Contributing Cover User

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/Moving-an-invoice-row/idi-p/246529

Similar idea. Either one would work as long as we have ONE of the options. 

33 Posts
Contributing Cover User

May I ask, how many votes does it take to have an idea implemented?

Former Staff JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SonicSecurity 

There is no set number of votes required. The Idea Exchange is just one of the mechanisms that our development team use to help prioritise their work of continual improvements to the software. But obviously a suggestion with a high number of votes is going to be something that our team considers very carefully given there is significant demand for the feature from our clients.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Contributing User myecs
11 Posts
Contributing User

Pretty standard requirement for accounting software I think. Please add ASAP.

Danny Young

TCS
2 Posts
User

I would like to be able to insert a line in an invoice. I sometimes miss a line and need to insert a line but it appears you can only add the lines at the bottom of the invoice. 

Experienced User JillS
42 Posts
Experienced User

This is indeed a popular suggestion, it has been made since Live/Essentials started.

Is it that hard to implement?

Jill