Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Invoice line without value

Cover User

4Posts

99Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

There needs to be an option in invoice settings whereby the first line can be text only without having to allocate an account, tax type or amount.  Currently I have to allocate an account, tax type and zero $value to a text only line.  For example I wish to give details of the job completed and then in subsequent lines record the hours worked and materials used.  An option similar to Account Right whereby you can insert a Header line without a $value.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to insert a blank row on their invoices (ellipsis on far right). This allows the user to enter a description-only line for that invoice.

15 Comments
Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

At the moment I have set up a particular 'item' in Purchases to try and deal with this.  If I need to add a description to an invoice I select that item and go from there.   Annoyingly the description field for the item has to have something in it - I use the word "Job", which I have to delete each time I use this.  Still it does make invoicing a bit quicker than completing each field for the line, but I would really like to not use it.  Frustrating, and the result looks very unprofessional and awkward.  

doppietta
1 Post
User

I run a mechanics workshop and regulary complete several tasks that are part of the labour charge. It would be great to be able to add those things that we've done in the invoice description with no charge associated so that the customer knows what has been completed in the work. It is also a way to build value. In the past, we could just add a line, allocate to an account and have the charge as $0.00 however this has now been charged and an error regarding 'NoNulValues' comes up which stops us from being able to do it.

invoice.png
vernon4859
1 Post
User

@Peta60 wrote:

There needs to be an option in invoice settings whereby the first line can be text only without having to allocate an account, tax type or amount.  Currently Myloweslife I have to allocate an account, tax type and zero $value to a text only line.  For example I wish to give details of the job completed and then in subsequent lines record the hours worked and materials used.  An option similar to Account Right whereby you can insert a Header line without a $value.

On the Styling and themes tab of the Invoice and quote settings page, you can customise the look of your invoices and quotes by adding a logo or header image and choosing a theme and colours. In MYOB Essentials, click your business name and choose Invoice and quote settings. The Invoice and quote settings page appears.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to insert a blank row on their invoices (ellipsis on far right). This allows the user to enter a description-only line for that invoice.

Tektite
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 4.39.18 PM.png

Hi, I seem to be missing the ellipsis on the far right of the sales invoice line.  I am right in thinking I should be looking for three dots.

Kind regards

Tektite