Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Pro Forma Invoice

3Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Hi there. I would like to see the ability to create a Pro Forma invoice. To remove the due date, let the customers know that the invoice is in lieu of a job being undertaken or goods being dispatched and change the title and layout from a regular invoice.

"Pro Forma Invoice - Essentials"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @McKay_Tech 

Thank you for your idea in regards to Essentials and a Pro Forma Invoice.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a inclusion of a Pro Forma Invoice in MYOB Essentials to vote and comment if required for this idea.

9 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @McKay_Tech 

Thank you for your idea in regards to Essentials and a Pro Forma Invoice.

I would encourage other users that would like to see a inclusion of a Pro Forma Invoice in MYOB Essentials to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Selby
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Got my vote too. Suprising how much you miss this feature when moving from some different accounting software.

GeneC
1 Post
User

This would be a much better idea than using a quote as I do now.

SYD_MFR
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

Agreed...  I'm a bit confused as creating an invoice (with due date later) for an existing job (in progress) seems to affect your assets and few other reports... I thought it shouldn't be counted since you are on a "cash" basis? 

is this because we are creating an invoice (as opposed to a proforma?) or ?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SYD_MFR

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

MYOB Essentials naturally runs off an accrual basis in terms of accounts. So when you enter a transaction such as an invoice that transaction is going to affect the accounts i.e. Accounts Receivables and the income account at the time of recording the transaction. Certain reports and for GST purposes you can display on a cash basis and therefore show a different value when compared to the accrual report.

Alan_Liefting
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, a good idea.  It is a pretty basic bit of invoicing funtionality.

jmangat
1 Post
User

Yes the pro forma invoice option should be available in MYOB

kobler
3 Posts
User

Definitely a feature I would like to see

Elma
1 Post
User

Hi

Has anything been done about this feature yet? Proforma invoice in MYOB Essentials would be great