Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Retain original quote number as invoice number

4Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
New
New

Previously on the older Accountright Standard V19 we were able to retain the quotatation number as the invoice number.

Keeping the same reference number is particularly handy in our circumstance where we take a deposit for jobs then invoice the outstanding balance once completed.

It appears this is not an option on MYOB Essentials.

The only work around I have found is to manually check what the next invoice number would be, enter it as quote number then try remember to skip that invoice number when generating the next invoice for another client .... very annoyingly time consuming.

"Retain original quote number as invoice number"

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gateman

Thank you for your idea in regards to MYOB Essentials and quote/invoice numbers

Within MYOB Essentials the quote and invoice numbers are two separate auto number sequences and therefore when you convert a quote it will get an invoice number. This is to allow you to view/track the quote and also the invoice.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the invoice number and the quote number be the same when converting to vote and comment if required for this idea.

honee
1 Post
Cover User

I have recently converted to the new MYOB and found the same, I have ended up with 2 Invoices with the same number, its very annoying. 
The old system was far superior to this new one. There should be at least the option to have it one way or the other.

Dean0
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User

Surely this is still not like this to change a quote into an invoice.....'is to manually check what the next invoice number would be, enter it as quote number then try remember to skip that invoice number when generating the next invoice for another client .... very annoyingly time consuming'

ALS2010
6 Posts
Cover User

It just does not make sense to have the system allocating the next sequential number in essentials from the quote. The number on the quote should be retained when converted to an invoice in the same way it does in AccountRight. What was also noted the numebr it did change to had already been used, so why is there not a check to avoid duplicate invoice numbers.

All logical stuff that should be implemented in software!!

NBE
3 Posts
User

Would be even better for some of us if we could set numbers ourselves and indicate the following sequence changes for example: 

I have a Customer who has a Number ie. 47. I set my Quotes and Invoices based on this number ie. first Job is Quote 47.1, would be nice to transfer that to Invoice 47.1 then Sales Receipt/Service Receipt 47.1. 

When I then create my next Quote for that Customer it would be great if MYOB automatically Chooses the next dot number ie. Second Job is Quote 47.2, Invoice 47.2 then Sales Receipt/Service Receipt 47.2 and so on and so forth.

Then when I create another Customer, if we can allocate New Number to follow the same steps.