Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoices: Automatically save prior to closing down

Experienced Cover User

42Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

If I'm in the middle of writing up a lengthy invoice, and get called away from the computer for whatever reason, often when I return to the invoice I find that I've been automatically logged out of MYOB due to a time out, and when I log back on, all of my work has gone.

Is there a way that the unsaved invoice I'm working on could be automatically saved before I'm logged out?

"Save invoices before automatically logging off"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your great suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see transactions in progress saved on timeout, please cast your vote here.

9 Comments
scudeller
2 Posts
User

Same happens to us...

Would be great to find a solution that does not involves creating the invoice on excel and copying and pasting...

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your great suggestion. Anyone else who would like to see transactions in progress saved on timeout, please cast your vote here.

PCeasy
1 Post
User

Yes, we definitely need this function.  I spent half an hour putting together an invoice with 8 days worth of comments and details last night.  I then saved it so I could complete it this morning but there is no sign of any reference to the invoice at all.

If there is a "Save" button there on the screen what does it do if it doesn't save your work?

Really frustrating and seems to be such a basic omission.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PCeasy

Thank you for your sharing your feedback in regards to this idea

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User

have had this too..very Smiley Frustrated

@BecM wrote:

If I'm in the middle of writing up a lengthy invoice, and get called away from the computer for whatever reason, often when I return to the invoice I find that I've been automatically logged out of MYOB due to a time out, and when I log back on, all of my work has gone.

Is there a way that the unsaved invoice I'm working on could be automatically saved before I'm logged out?

MFSContracting
1 Post
Cover User
It would be great to have an auto save function when creating invoices in MYOB. It’s very frustrating when it crashes in the middle of doing up a long invoice and you’ve lost all your work.

Also, if you want to save periodically currently it takes you out of your invoice and then you have to click into it again to continue.
janjac
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Especially when you cannot rely on the program to keep running long enough to complete an invoice !!

WindyWilson28
3 Posts
User

I would really like to see an 'auto save' added to MYOB Essentials. There are many times when my internet signal fluxuates and any non saved info in my invoice is lost as MYOB drops out and falls back to the previous screen, which is the Invoice list. 

Also, when you do select save, I would prefer that you remain wintin the invoice you are working on, rather than it close out and fall back to the list.

ROTMP
1 Post
User

MYOB Essentials - AutoSAve Exactly same for us as comment above WindyWilson28 !

Countless times this has happened darn annoying as we have rural internet which can be fluxuates.

Suggues two buttons;

SAVE (stay in the same page) 

and a SAVE & EXIT.