Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Invoice description in Invoices window

6Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
User
New Zealand

I, and others would find it helpful, if we were able to search for an invoice by entering a name or keyword, we expect would be in it.

Example, we do a lot of shipping service work for a fishing company.  The invoices all go to the company, but they have many ships we service.  I cannot see a way, that we could search that companies, hundreds of invoices....by a single ship name or keyword.  For later refernce of what work we have performed in the past.  Can this functionality be implemented?

"Searching invoice details by a keyword"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2015

Thank you for your suggestion and comments. 

Improving the search ability in Essentials Accounting is certainly something our developers would like to do in the future. We welcome any interested users to cast your vote for this idea, or post any further suggestions in the comment section, it would greatly help our developers to prioritise their work. 

30 Comments
Highxs
1 Post
Cover User

Bump.

I can't believe that we are now 2018 and this STILL has not been implemented into essentials.

Come on MYOB. please get onto this and give us a better search option, atleast search the notes field as someone advised years ago in this thread.... 

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User

yes we would find this helpful too.. i waste ALOT of time searching for items in invoices to clients (ie a switch or a service that we will invoice for again). it is a time consuming excerise i have to do ALOT...would also be good if there was a next and previous button on the invoices so i dont have to go back to the main page each time. 

Charise
1 Post
Cover User

I also have this problem when trying to reference order numbers and reference names once I have to change them to POs and invoice numbers. There is no room to add them along side the invoice numbers and I cannot search within an invoice.  I am stoked to see that its under consideration but wondering how long before we get an outcome please?

Gemma-Lee
1 Post
Cover User

Hi Mel

I agree - when a client calls and explains they want to proceed with a particular quote, generally they say 'Website Mod' rather than a quote number. Also, when several quotes have been done for the same client and am trying to remember which one was for which service.

Would be super keen to see an optional reference box added to the quote template Smiley Happy

Thanks Gemma

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User

yes we would find this helpful and I have been asking for this for awhile now. i often have to search invoices for a invoice or keyword (ie in our case a piece of hardware or service we have billed for and may bill the same again. but atm i have to go through every invoice which is tiresome and time consumingSmiley Frustrated  would also be good if there was back and forward arrows so we can select next or previous invoice. 

JaniPeti
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, this feature would be extremely usefull and I am astounded that it's not something we can already do especially considering this was requested in May 2014.

6 years have passed, surely it's not that hard to implement - there are so many other useless reports.

JaniPeti
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It is now March 2021, 7 years after initial request & still no progress from MYOB.

I have wanted this feature also for many years now but repeated requests seem to fall on deaf ears at MYOB which has been my experience on several other issues as well. I often wonder what I'm paying over $100 a month for. Very dissapointing.

Melbells96
2 Posts
User

Hi

Is there a way that you can please incorporate a search for the description of both sales and purchases.  We can do several orders and sales for the same customer and/or supplier and short of looking in every order or sale there is no easy way of finding specific things.  Our previous program had the feature and it was a big shock to then go to MYOB and have to go through each item in the register.  It is very time consuming. 

Also we use COD sales for customers that are one off sales that walk in off the street.  But unless we put their name in the purchase order number section, there is no way of searching to find them again.  Would be awesome if the search feature was to search all the details on the sales and purchases side including the names or there was a name section that we could use that could be seen from the register screen. 

Hope you can implement it soon!!!!

Thanks 

Melanie

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User

@JulieBeans wrote:

I, and others would find it helpful, if we were able to search for an invoice by entering a name or keyword, we expect would be in it.

Example, we do a lot of shipping service work for a fishing company.  The invoices all go to the company, but they have many ships we service.  I cannot see a way, that we could search that companies, hundreds of invoices....by a single ship name or keyword.  For later refernce of what work we have performed in the past.  Can this functionality be implemented?

"Searching invoice details by a keyword"

We have been wanting/asking for this for ages as we too have often needed to search for hardware we might have supplied to a client but so far nothing🥺😢

JaniPeti
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is something I have requested many time over many years to no avail. It seems to fall on deaf ears.

The reason MYOB won't do it is because they are more interested in price gouging their customers every month with their exhorbitant monthly fee and raking in a profit than actually providing increased and useful functionality.