Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to enter transactions in a different currency (multi-currency)

3Posts

58Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User

Is there any plan to bring multi-currency to the new Essentials range?  The direct competitors both have options for this whereas MYOB only has it on AccountRight Premier as far as I can tell.

Thanks

"Multi currency in LiveAccounts / Essentials?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2014

Thanks for your feedback on this, bringing more features to Essentials and bringing it more in line with our installed desktop products is something that we're certainly keen to do and this is a part of that which we will be looking into. So we can gauge the demand for this, please remember to vote for this idea if you'd like to see it added in.

18 Comments
kev_mc
1 Post
User

I too am looking for multi-currency in MYOB Essentials, my partner knows the software but my business uses multiple currencies on a daily basis. May have to look more seriously at QuickBooks.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback on this, bringing more features to Essentials and bringing it more in line with our installed desktop products is something that we're certainly keen to do and this is a part of that which we will be looking into. So we can gauge the demand for this, please remember to vote for this idea if you'd like to see it added in.
Fizzkid
Experienced Cover User
65 Posts
Experienced Cover User

this should be not difficult to implement...a simple multipication

CMNZLTD
2 Posts
Cover User

Can MYOB enable multiple currency option when performing a sales invoice???

CMNZLTD
2 Posts
Cover User

in Live Accounts.

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have AcountRight Premier and I am limited to running it on a local networked hard drive until the Multiple Currency feature is available on the Live version. When will this happen ? I need to get my MYOB Live running to improve my business and this one little issue is stopping me, When when when ?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

@Lehan_Aus, This thread relates to MYOB Essentials - our browser-based online accounting solution. 

In relation to AccountRight Premier, our development team is working on multi-currency functionality but progress has been more difficult and slower than anticipated. We're sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience. We hope to have more news on progress next year.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

GAJ
1 Post
User

Hi there, it has been more than a year regarding this........any further progress?

D2_phil
3 Posts
Cover User

We feel so strongly about this that we'll be moving away from MYOB if they do not introduce the functionality by 30 June.  We need to move on to Essentials, and this is the only thing stopping us.  If we can't have Essentials we'll move to Xero, Sage ERP or Saasu, all of whom can accommodate multiple currencies, although they all have their own shortcomings in other areas of course.

We speak to the call centre about this periodically, and have been routinely advised "It's coming".  Same with Jason's post above from November 2014

Velliselle
1 Post
Cover User

This is something that I would very much like to see available. 
Especially as I am a very new small business who currently deals solely with imported products. At this stage I cannot justify paying for the much more expensive version of MYOB just for this one feature...