Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am also patiently waiting for job costing launch in Essentials.  Wish we had a better idea of when this launch will be.  

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am also patiently waiting for job costing launch in Essentials.  Wish we had a better idea of when this launch will be.   The last communication from MYOB was in February regarding this topic.  

User7
3 Posts
Cover User

I recently started myob essentials and Im very happy with the program. HOWEVER.....

Please tell me why there is no option to restrict user access ?? 

Most small business need to be able to give access to staff to do basic things like ‘invoice’ only, and keep other Information private. This makes absolutely no sense. It would be a very simple system change and having read other comments has been a problem for years. 

Please dont tell me the solution is to ugrade to a much more expensive myob program just for this one feature ? Hopefully I’ve got it all wrong but if not its a Deal breaker ! 

BookkeepingTeam
3 Posts
Cover User

Job tracking in Essentials will be a huge benefit to all my essentials clients. Prodominetly the tradies where they will benefit hugely from tracking each job's profit & loss = better business decisions Smiley Happy

warren222
2 Posts
Cover User

has a way of adding jobs to essentials been added yet? if not it's a great idea!!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Can someone please advise when feature for jobs will be included in MYOB essentials.    Also need ability to add job fields to invoices. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone, 

Thank you all for your comments and votes on this very popular idea of being able to use Jobs in MYOB Essentials. We understand and acknowledge the need for this and have it as one of our top candidates for product enhancements. However, like recurring transactions, this is a significant piece of work, that we’re unable to deliver in the next 12 months.  We appreciate your patience and encourage others who would like this enhancement to show their support by voting on the idea. 

For information about the recent changes to the Idea Statuses and on our prioritisation process,  please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages.

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the update on implementing job codes in Essentials.  Not very good news tho.  

Sparkylamoore
8 Posts
Cover User

Well, im the person who originally started this thread. So this basic function of bookeeping will not be added for at least a year? Coupled with all the other problems myob has (duplicate credit  and debits from bank feeds) i am migrating to.xero. my accountant never uses myob as it has so many problems. Not being able to convert it to excel is also ridiculous. So Myob, you have lost yet another customer.

misspatricia
1 Post
Cover User

Hi, will Essentials have the ability for Job / Project Tracking any time soon. This is available in XERO and i want to transfer to MYOB but unfortunetly we need this feature. I know this is available in AccountRight but that software is too big for our business. With the amount of small tradie businesses and small scale mining operations out there, surely this feature would be a great asset for essentials to have. Reading through all the posts this has been requested for a very long time now...