Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
Orbus2
2 Posts
Cover User

After reading all the comments, basically i think we want Live accounts to be just like AccountRight, with the same functions and features

Brodie865
3 Posts
User

It would be good if there was a feature to live accounts that would allow the user to make a daily or weekly job sheet that could be sent out with work crews. 

Idealy this set up would work best with a quoting system that makes the job sheet and then generate an invoice once the job is completed but I do think that a feature to allow a user to do this type of thing would be highly benifical especially for service industry people using te system. 

Brunswick
1 Post
User

Job tracking would definitely be an improvement in Live Accounts.

dlark
1 Post
User

It would be very handy to have job codes and be able to allocate expenses against an invoice.  In a consulting operation where out of pockets go straight to the customer this is a must.

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I must admit this would be a great enhancement. I have clients who are contractors and use the Job Codes in the other MYOB Programs and having them in live accounts would be a great selling point.

Richard_Puffe
Trusted User
112 Posts
Trusted User
Hi, Thanks for your enhancement request. Richard Puffe MYOB LiveAccounts Product Manager
LANEWAY
6 Posts
User

A major part of billing our consulting clients is re-billing re-imburable expenses by job.  The allocation could work in a similar way to the allocation screen on bank transactions (column next to accoutn allocation) where the expense can be flagged to be allocated to a job which could be optionally rebilled later.  Expenses rebilled, should be noted as such.  The option to upload a copy of the expense reciept (.jpg or PDF) that could be delivered with the invoice of reimburable expenses would save having to use a seperate system. Currently freshbooks is used for this, but GST is not handling very elegantly.

Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

Have you checked out the track reimbursables feature in MYOB AccountRight (instead of live accounts) and seen if it can solve your problem ?

Best of luck.

LANEWAY
6 Posts
User

Hi,  thanks for taking th etime to reply.

Isuues are that MYOB accountRight is significantly more expensive than LIVE and it doesnt have the features I mentioned above or the other excellent features of Freshbooks.com (cheaper than the extra for AccountRight) in the area of expense tracking/rebilling.  A copy of the expense record needs to be able to be transferred to the client with the invoice as proof of expense.  If MYOB embraced these features of products such as Freshbooks it would be clearly the market leader for online accounting - at present it is only part of the solution and we continue to need to use both platforms.

Cam2c
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

I know this has been asked for for a few years now. But is there any word on, or hope for, job numbers in LiveAccounts? Or is the push just towards AccountRight? For me they've been the missing feature since i began, but even then there was talk of adding them as a feature and plenty of requests. 

Cam