Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Ability to use Jobs

Partner

5Posts

259Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Partner
Australia

Several of our clients have multiple rental properties and we need to dissect the various properties.  Essentials would be an ideal tool for this, but we don't seem to be able to segregate transactions - not worth the additional expense to use Account Right level of product - jobs would be ideal

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2021

Hi Everyone

Jobs has been introduced to the MYOB Essentials platform.

Note: This change is available for the new MYOB Essentials platform. Existing (original) MYOB Essentials platform users will be migrated across to the new platform in due course based on the complexity of their MYOB Essentials product level. At the time of posting, migrations are already underway.

137 Comments
HarleyS
5 Posts
User

Unless this is available, Essentials is useless to me. What is the problem? It's been in the offline versions forever! How hard can it be? Please prioritisie this!

BMATA
4 Posts
Cover User

I have also been a long time user of Account Right and agree that having Job accounting is essential in Essentials.   

I am the treasurer of a not-for-profit member based tourism organisation and for 7 years ran the accounts from spreadsheets, including job, or project, accounting.  I moved to Essentials 18 months ago and have been grappeling with trying to account for the various separate projects that we undertake.  Doing this by adding accounts to the GL is messy and complicates matters no end.  

Essentials is otherwise fine for us, we have only 1 employee, and we don't need do any inventory accounting.  But it is this lack of Job Accounting that is starting to make me look elsewhere.

There must be many small businesses, tradies and the like, that need to keep tabs on income and costs for each of the jobs they do.

Job accounting should be part of any small business accounting software.

It is in Account Right, it can't be hard to put it into Essentials. 

ShannanATC
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

Our MYOB Essentials manages our Turf Club raceday transactions, there is about 8-9 per year and if I could cost code segregating by jobs/racedays then i could run my profit and loss statement straight from MYOB instead of having to double handle it all back into a spreadsheet. Please add it soon Smiley Happy

"Essentials - ability to use Jobs"

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Gavin JK  Let me know if you receive any positive feedback on this subject regarding an "add-on".  There appears to be very little feedback on this topic.  The fact that it is taking MYOB this long to add job codes which has led to customers moving away from MYOB Essentials is a nightmare.  

CTF
Experienced Cover User
55 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree with you.  It is not worth the additional expense to move to Account Right which is a process in itself as MYOB does not migrate your data when you upgrade from Essentials to another MYOB package.  Very disappointing.  Using an "add-on" tool is also an additional expense where job tracking expenses is a simple accounting task that should have been part of Essentials with its implementation.  Really silly stuff. 

Birubi
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes please - it is available in AccountRight so shouldn't be too hard to add here

Betty1
1 Post
User

To be able to allocate a "job" to each invoice and be able to print a report to track how much the job has spent to date very essential in the building industry and many other companies out there. Essentials has come far and found this is only one thing it requires to be a very useful software for MYOB for smaller business owners. 

manning
Partner
120 Posts
Partner

Is there any update on Job tracking / numbers to be available please.  We are losing clients to other software companies that already have this.  Another will go at the end of the year if this is not available.

Thanks

Teresa Manning

copes
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have clients currently using Banklink where they are using Jobs - would need this functionality in Essentials for these clients to be happy to move across.

zana1961
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I am absolutely flabergasted that MYOB Essentials has not included Jobs feature in the online version.  I am a long time user of MYOB have been ever since the dark ages of the mid 1990's.  The jobs feature is one of the most widely used feature of the software.  Why has it been omitted?  I would love to hear from one of MYOB reps as to why it has not been brought through? I do not want a glossy PR explaination , but the real honest truth would be nice.    I read somewhere that we should use  3rd party app that is a partner to MYOB to keep track.  Honestly that is a silly idea indeed.  Why? That is another app, another software that uses our personal details it feels there will be more work for me using the 3rd party app.     Not happy Jan Smiley Mad

I have recomended myob to a client who has signed up on the information I provided them.  Now I feel I have lead them astray as one part of my clients record keeping is the JOBS feature, one that is very important to their business.