Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Add a budget

User

7Posts

83Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
User
Australia

Hi

Feedback from our clients tells us that many clients would like a simple budgeting feature.

One suggestion was to enter in either a monthly, quarterly or yearly budgeted figure for each account and then a report to print at intervals to see how the actual expenses are comparing.

"Budgeting"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your interest in this idea. Essentials Accounting has been improved with the budgeting feature, more details can be found in this blog: 

Get better insights into your business

Kind regards,

Clover

34 Comments
IDL01
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Need budgeting too, and see how incoming money compares to outgoings on a monthly basis including the opportunity to forecast the rest of the year ahead, or rolling forecast.

There is a P&L report, a balance sheet, but no budget report of any kind.... Hqppy to pay an extra $5 a month to get a useful budgeting report out of MYOB essentials.

Such a feature is for sure on top of my list and essential!

Thanks

deepfried
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Important feature if MYOB is to be MYOBWGB (mind your own business without going broke) instead of SORSBU (same old reactive stuff but online).  

I find the P&L reporting and drilldowns incredibly useful.  The ability to compare these easily against what I thought they should be (or wanted them to be) when I did my budgets and forecasts would make an enormous difference.

I think people probably need the option to choose either quarterly or monthly budgets.  Quarterly is a good start, but monthly is the difference between making money and leaving great swathes on the table.

sf
4 Posts
User

Sales Budget in MYOB Essentials - URGENTLY needed

sf
4 Posts
User

please this is neeeded urgently 

Gaz-FSA
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

I'm in the silly situation of preparing my budget in an old version of myob. 

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

We are happy to consider adding Budgets in the future. I encourage others who want Budgets to add their vote by clicking the + vote button.

611king
2 Posts
User

How is this not built in. Budgeting is a fundamental aspect for any business.

Kallista5
1 Post
User

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD BUDGETING TO ESSENTIALS.

I HAVE A MAC COMPUTER AND USE BANK FEEDS AND USE THE ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION AND AM STAGGERED TO DISCOVER THERE IS NO MYOB I CAN USE WITH MY MAC  ONLINE THAT HAS BANK FEEDS AND BUDGETING !

BUDGETING IS A CRITICAL ELEMENT FOR ANY BUSINESS,  THIS SHOULD BE  A BASIC FEATURE OF ANY ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE REGARDLESS OF THE SUBSCRIPTION LEVEL. 

I WAS HAPPY TO UPGRADE BUT THERE IS NO SUBSCTIPTION SOLUTION / PRODUCT FOR ME - PLEASE CONTACT ME IF THIS INFO IS INCORRECT.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for all your feedback regarding the budgets in Essentials. We recommend all users that want/need this function to keep clicking on the +vote button

OMSKathy
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please include budgeting into Essentials, it is an essential requirement to running a business.