Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Additional tax codes

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.

Dulcie Bridges

Bridges' Bookkeeping

Bunbury, WA

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to create their own tax codes through Accounting >> Tax codes OR GST codes.

Check out  Tax codes (Australia) | GST codes (New Zealand) for more information on this change.

32 Comments
RachelA
2 Posts
User

I need a 9% gst rate for hostel accommodation and it would be great to have the invoices looking more professional rather than doing this adjustment manually.

Aleksandar
3 Posts
User

Agree, imported GST is wrongly sorted and they make a huge issue and wasting of time.  i have to manually to calculate GST because one from MYOB is not correct!!!

BJGOSS
1 Post
User

Can we please have a GST tax code for CAF (capital purchases GST free).  At the moment we can't produce an activity statement report that is correct becuase we have to use FRE so these purchases are showing as non capital

@DulcieBridges wrote:

I would like to be able to add more tax codes to the basic ones available in MYOB Essentials.

Dulcie Bridges

Bridges' Bookkeeping

Bunbury, WA

n-capital.

Rayleen
Partner
40 Posts
Partner

Yes, please MYOB, give us this basic function, it really would make life easier and enhance the product in your favour

normbay1
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

This is necessary for eg repeating insurance transactions, where the gst is only payable on part of the total, but can be fixed for that eyar via a special code, to save having to edit teh GST amount every time

dj2
4 Posts
User

Permanent residents in a caravan park per ATO are charged a discounted GST rate of 5%.  Essentials does not allow for this tax rate to be added to the table of tax codes.  It would be appreciated if a new tax code was added or have the ability to add new codes ourselves.  Thx

Robbie123
4 Posts
User

Would be really helpful if the tax code "I" worked to  claim 100% of the GST, still only claims 50% when you use this for coding customs invoices, it does goes through into the GST return correctly... thank goodness and thats a start, but not in Audit trails, GST summary reports or any reports.

As this has been a known issue since the get go, I can't believe it hasn't been sorted. This is in cash coding the bank transactions and it is still happening with bills as well.

Phil--
2 Posts
User

A reduced rate of 9 percent applies to the provision of accommodation in hotels, motels and similar for longer than 4 weeks.

Your current tax type table is deficient. Please add this rate. It doesn't need "community support". Please just do it.

Thanks

IAN-KSG
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

Whow this request is still open in 2020.  Five years after first raised !!!!!!

IAN-KSG
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

Can we please get GST code for Import on Custom Clearance Invoices

- 1st line 100% GST               (posted to GST paid on Import)

- 2nd line Credit GST FREE    (posted to GST paid on Import)

This gets the GST in to the GST Report and satisfies the ATO