Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: BAS Preparation

Contributing Cover User

21Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi there

At the moment MyobLive doesn't seem to have much automated functionalityfor BAS. 

Given that the system already calcuates the BAS it seems really odd that the user has to manually create a spend journal or a reversal to allocate GST Paid, Collected, PAYG instalment etc, and also fill in the ATO forms.  Surely this could all be automated, afterall it's the most confusing thing for small business and the one where MYOB already does much of the heavy lifting (in my case, the main reason for using the package in the first place).

Df

"BAS Preparation"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials allows users to lodge their BAS online. Check out Lodge your activity statement for more information.

40 Comments
Indau
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree. This is a greatly needed feature.

Please add my vote to the list.

WACnCo
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

My suggestions is that LiveAccounts "GST report for activity statement" include the PAYGW figures on the report and not just the GST disclosures.

This would be really hand rather than having to run two reports to get the figures.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback on this. Making a single report that shows you the commonly needed BAS information, including your PAYG details is certainly something that we would be happy to look into. Those who would also like to see this added please make sure that you vote on this suggestion.
interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree - this needs to be implemented so we can prepare the BAS a lot quicker.  It will also ensure the PAYG Instalment identified by the ATO is included as well.

deepfried
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Raised it ages ago.  Yes please.

deepfried
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Here it is.  Please vote for it so the votes don't get split between threads.

http://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Idea-Exchange/BAS-Preparation/idi-p/210547

Zappy
Valued Partner
606 Posts
Valued Partner

When will I be able to submit a TFN declaration out of Essentials? How far away is connection with SBR?

tf
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User

"We hope to have SBR lodgement in LiveAccounts in 2013." .....  What's the status on this please?

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi tf.  Unfortunately there hasn't been an update on adding the SBR to Essentials.  We are hoping for it to be availabler later this year but I don't have any exact dates we can provide at this time.  We will update this idea as soon as we have some further information.

SonicSecurity
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This forum seems to be a waste of space and only really exists to appease annoyed subscribers. 

Far too many "We will consider it", "later on but no date as yet" responses. 

If you truly want to make this product exceptional, stop mucking about and implement some of the ideas that have been bandied about. A new template, colour scheme and minor cosmetic changes are simply not enough in this day and age. 

Hell, If I were MYOB, i'd strive for the best product possible by listening to the users not the blokes in a shirt and tie that are straight out of uni. 

Perhaps these forums may one day see a start-up take all of the ideas from here and actually create a product that is worth using.