Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Setup: BAS Preparation

deepfried
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

103Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi there

At the moment MyobLive doesn't seem to have much automated functionalityfor BAS. 

Given that the system already calcuates the BAS it seems really odd that the user has to manually create a spend journal or a reversal to allocate GST Paid, Collected, PAYG instalment etc, and also fill in the ATO forms.  Surely this could all be automated, afterall it's the most confusing thing for small business and the one where MYOB already does much of the heavy lifting (in my case, the main reason for using the package in the first place).

Df

"BAS Preparation"

Current Status: Coming Soon
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your suggestion, deepfried, we're happy to look into the options for adding this. It would be great to see some feedback form the rest of the community to see if they would like to see this feature added as well.

18 Comments
Experienced Cover User Fizzkid
65 Posts
Experienced Cover User

WHy is it not possible to generate a report to submit directly to the ATO for Monthly PAYG notification?

E-record could do it, surely the format is not top secret?!

Experienced Partner MOBS
36 Posts
Experienced Partner

Just wondering why LiveAccounts does not have a BASLink? Surely this would be a top priority before releasing this product? Is it on the agenda?  If yes, when?  If no, why not?

Reason8
2 Posts
User

Yes please this is the 1 thing absolutly essential for any small business.

Please can we have an expected date for this feature its a deal breaker, I am considering going back to the desk top version because of this.

Ids
6 Posts
User

Would be useful

MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion, deepfried, we're happy to look into the options for adding this. It would be great to see some feedback form the rest of the community to see if they would like to see this feature added as well.
CommPM_WA
3 Posts
User

This is a no brainer. Taking information from one system, to write on a form, which will be data entered to another defies all to B2B logic. This functionality is avaialble in most packages and needs to be added to Live accounts.

Experienced Cover User Indau
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree. This is a greatly needed feature.

Please add my vote to the list.

Contributing Partner WACnCo
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

My suggestions is that LiveAccounts "GST report for activity statement" include the PAYGW figures on the report and not just the GST disclosures.

This would be really hand rather than having to run two reports to get the figures.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

MYOB Moderator Matthew_W
2,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thanks for your feedback on this. Making a single report that shows you the commonly needed BAS information, including your PAYG details is certainly something that we would be happy to look into. Those who would also like to see this added please make sure that you vote on this suggestion.
Valued Partner interAccounts
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I agree - this needs to be implemented so we can prepare the BAS a lot quicker.  It will also ensure the PAYG Instalment identified by the ATO is included as well.