Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Mobile app

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I know it's been discussed before http://bit.ly/1g2qfuk but really, two years and still no mobile apps?

The whole idea of LiveAccounts is its portibility. Using a browser on different devices is not only slow but clumsy. 
I am aware of the new upgrade that is supposed to work faster on mobile devices but really, it is 2014 and the technology is out there so why not provide customers with a mobile application for iPad, Windows and Android platforms.

Why follow when you can lead?

Thanks

"Mobile apps"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2016

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your interest for this idea. 

MYOB OnTheGo is a free mobile app that allows you to invoice directly from your smart phone, manage your accounts and cash flow on the go, it works with both AccountRight Live and Essentials Accounting. While it doesn't have the full functionality of Essentials Accounting, our developers do hope to develop it further in the future. 

5 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback, as Stephen has said in the link you posted, this is something that we're looking into adding. We have so far decided to focus on improving the program in other areas and adding new features so that it is more useful to our clients, rather than focus on this area where there is a way to do use it already. Trying to get the most benefit to the most users out of each update is the goal.
PHServices
4 Posts
User

I totally agree! As a serviced based business, I often need to make invoices on the fly. Using the mobile site is totally useless and frustrating!!! If you're not willing to make a mobile app, at least make the site mobile responsive. I'll give MYOB till the end of this financial year- if no changes, I'm moving to Xero. Seems like they have a grasp on modern tech. 

derekaw
6 Posts
Cover User

Essentials works OK on the iPad but its a bit clunky and difficult to use, I would really like an iPad app asap please. 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your interest for this idea. 

MYOB OnTheGo is a free mobile app that allows you to invoice directly from your smart phone, manage your accounts and cash flow on the go, it works with both AccountRight Live and Essentials Accounting. While it doesn't have the full functionality of Essentials Accounting, our developers do hope to develop it further in the future. 

sagiplaustralia
1 Post
User

@[quote]SonicSecurity wrote:

I know it's been discussed before http://bit.ly/1g2qfuk but really, two years and still no mobile apps?

The whole idea of LiveAccounts is its portibility. Using a browser on different devices is not only slow but clumsy. 
I am aware of the new upgrade that is supposed to work faster on mobile devices but really, it is 2014 and the technology is out there so why not provide customers with a mobile application for iPad, Windows and Android platforms.

Why follow when you can lead?

Thanks[/quote]

It is possible to make such a mobile app to fullfill these requirements.  You need to find the right resources and contacts that can build this type of mobile app. Thanks