Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Paypal Feeds

Contributing User

7Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing User

Hi..

Any chance of having Paypal feeds as well as the bank feeds 

MArk

"Paypal Feeds"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

67 Comments
swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Any ETA at all?

weeks?

months?

years?

never?

Cheers, Graeme

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @swecs

Thank you for voting for this idea and your enquiry.

At this time we don't have a direct time frame for when this particular idea will be added to the program. However in saying that we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea added to vote, and comment if required, for this idea.

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

Again - another user who absolutely wants and increasingly needs PayPal Bank Feeds.

But what I am seeing here is that MYOB appears to be fobbing-off its Clients who have been asking for this capability now for YEARS.

What part of "your competitors have had this capability for YEARS" don't you guys get?

What part of "prospective MYOB Live customers vote with their feet (going elsewhere)? 

Most existing clients won't vote on on a Community Forum that they never look for, let alone find. And if they do find it, what do they see?  That MYOB actually views this as such a low-priority that after *4 years* it STILL can't give a timeframe for implementation!

As:

* web-based sales increase;

* mobile-based sales using "PayPal Here" go through the roof;

* PayPal increasingly positions itself as a major independent low-cost worldwide financial institution;

--> How many existing customers do you want to loose when they go elsewhere? 

--> How many potential customersdo you not want to gain because they choose your competitors instead?

I've worked with Desktop-based, Cloud-based and with Hybrid (like MYOB Live) software. 

Hybrid has distinct performance advantages over Cloud, with few disadvantages.  Suffice to say, when choosing to move to MYOB, I *expected* PayPal Bank Feed to be included ("Silly me" it seems).

And I've worked in software development as a project manager, dealing with clients and how *they* view the development of requested product capability Vs internal priorities.

But when you can't even put a timeframe on simple stuff that is essential to an increasing number of Clients .... it really suggests that you JUST AREN'T INTERESTED.

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have been a MYOB cloud user for 1 1/2 years, and MYOB for about 5 years before that.  Previously I have worked as a software developer and software development manager.

My opinion (based purely on the output of new features from MYOB) is that they either have a very small development team on it (in the order of 1 developer), or they have bogged their development team down in so much bureaucracy that they can't actually get any functionality out the door.

Last week I spent some time looking at software for our business. Nearly all of them integrated with Xero.  Virtually none of them integrated with MYOB.

The cost of moving our business to XERO would be significant, but the cost of staying with MYOB is inexorably rising.

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

I cannot comment on the develop team / released updates, but my experience of cloud-based applications is that you lose a lot of the ability and capability offered by desktop appliations which, when coupled with standard ADSL speeds (unless you have a really high-speed internet connection like the NBN), means that it can take "forever" to get even simple things done.

But - hey! - our area is now on the scheduled NBN build timetable, so perhaps MYOB needs to start thinking about just how fast it rolls out those features and ramps-up 3rd-party application integrations ... or ...?

nepaluz
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User

Nearly two years down the road and this is not implemented yet!

I mentioned PayPal API OFX Writer (2nd/3rd post in this thread) which is a windows only offering for PayPal feeds, and have spoken to the developer who is willing to work with you on implementing this (of course I assume for a reasonable consideration), otherwise, could someone from MYOB advise of an alternate solution while you are pondering when to implement this feature?

swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Anyone from MYOB want to chip-in here and comment on when this is likely to be done? We are ready to switch to Xero for this feature but will stay with MYOB if it's coming soon

swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I just contacted MYOB support and they said:

"As it isn't an Australian financial institute I'm fairly certain that a bankfeeds feature for paypal would be a long way off I'm afraid."

So I'm guessing it's not going to happen for quite some time.

Any recommendations on who is the best alternative to switch to?

Cheers, Graeme

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

OMG!!!

Whoever said "As it (PayPal) isn't an Australian financial institute ..." really should get their facts straight.

PayPal is registered in Australia as a Pty Ltd company (ABN 93 111 195 389).

PayPal is registered in Australia as a Financial Institution (AFSL 304962).

--> PayPal (Australia) Pty Ltd must comply with the relevant Australian Financial Institution legislation.

--> PayPal is the same as any other financial institution operating in Australia ... and, I rather suspect, bigger than many that MYOB already provide a Bank Feed for.

The fact there is a view at MYOB that PayPal is -not- an Australian Financial .... brings so much of their mindset into question, and the resultant effect that has on their development schedule.

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What development schedule?