Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Recurring transactions in MYOB Essentials

29Posts

555Kudos

0Solutions

29 Posts
Partner
Australia

Good morning

Could you kindly advise if the following items are possible in LiveAccounts - or can be added to the development list?

- Can we have recurring transactions for sales, bills, spend money & receive money

Thank you

Heidi

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: June 2022

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support and feedback for this idea

I'm pleased to announce that recurring transactions are a feature that is available in the newer MYOB Essentials platform.  You can find more information about this function in Help Article: Recurring transactions.

226 Comments
GeorgeElias
10 Posts
Cover User

Is there any chance of having recurring journal entries as an option? Also, if there was a radio button to click within a journal entry to denote that a journal entry was a cash journal or not this would be great too.

Thanks,

George

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the idea. The option to save and use Recurring Transactions is currently under consideration. We request others who would like this function included to vote on this Idea and add any relevant comments. With reference to General Journals, these are reported based on the Date of the transaction regardless of Cash or Accrual. General Journals are generally used to record Adjustments. Everyday transactions should ideally be recorded as Banking >> Spend / Receive money transactions...or from the Invoices or Expenses menu.
Perdisco
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would also support recurring journal entries. These are useful for common recurring non-cash transactions such as depreciation (when completed monthly) or inter-company-group transactions (when different companies are grouped for GST or taxation purposes and therefore the non-cash inter-company entries do not pass through physcial bank accounts).  

If it is too complex or time consuming to add a recurring option, a simpler "copy" option would be great - just allow us to open the last journal entry we enetered and click a copy button, change the date and we are done. This saves constantly re-entering complex multi-account journals.

Fore_Design
2 Posts
User

Option for recurring invoice so don't have to do a new invoice for recurring invoices

ATI
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

This would make life so much easier Smiley Happy

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you again for your feedback, Progressive. Recurring Transactions is not something that is currently being worked on, as far as I am aware, but we would be happy to look into it. It would be great to get some feedback from the community to gauge the desire for this feature.
ATI
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

A must have, especially for invoices

JohnTheLA
19 Posts
Cover User

Had a client today give me this as the primary reason why they went with another software provider.

CommPM_WA
3 Posts
User

An absolute must do, especially for invoices. I was told MYOB live had the same functionality as the desktop version and the find big holes like this.   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this functionality asap.

lou-lou
1 Post
User

We have clients that we bill each month, same job/information in the description, same item, same allocation, same charge out rate - the only thing that differs is the quantity.  EVERY month I have to spend either 5 minutes typing out multiple descriptions or creating a new invoice and copying lines of information from old invoices and saving and repeating until my new invoice reflects the old.

Could you please add recurring transactions!!!!!  This is so frustrating and time consuming every month and can lead to typos etc